Chapter 21

"Sometimes you need to feel a little cold before you touch the sun."

Faith

"I can't believe he's coming back home! "Alice yelled jumping around the house.

Right now I was at Chris's  house. Alex had left for New York yesterday night along with Cory. You heard me correct, along with Cory.

He gave her a surprise saying that he wouldn't last a month without her so he asked Mr. and Mrs. Knight and took her along. Cory was on top of the world.

Caleb was coming back today and he was bringing someone along. It was a surprise too.

"Sometimes she acts as if she's a child herself," Chris whispered to me.

"Mom Calm down. You're never been so excited when I'm coming home." Cedric whined.

"Oh sheesh. My baby's coming back home after such a long time."

Beth, George, and Dad too came in the living room to join us. Alice was still jumping around. Chris was sitting on my left and Cedric on my right.

Ten minutes later the door bell rang. Alice squealed and ran to the door. I could hear Caleb. He picked up Alice and spun her around.

"Hey Mom." he said once he put her down.

I remembered Caleb.  He was around when I was still in this town. I remember him coming to my Mom's funeral. He had obviously grown since then and had a striking resemblance between him and his Dad.

"Caleb! I missed you so much." Cedric yelled jumping on him.

"I missed you too! We have to talk about a certain girl named Julie, who you really like." Caleb said in a teasing manner.

"Daaddd........why did you tell him? Cedric whined again, George just laughed.

"Hey, Caleb," Chris said going to hug him but Caleb got him in a headlock.

"Chris. Little brother how's your life ?!" Caleb asked giving him a noogie.

"Caleb Let Me Go Can't Breath" Chris said in between stops.

Caleb just laughed but stopped abruptly when someone called his name.

"Caleb daring where are you? a very high pitched voice called.

"In here," Caleb yelled back.

Before the girl came in Caleb's eyes fell on me. He looked confused but soon he recognized me.

"Faith? Is that really you ?!"

"Yup!"

"Wow.............you've-" but he thought for the correct word.

"Changed" I prompted.

"I was going to say hotter but changed will work too." He said laughing and pulling me for a hug.

"Caleb?" the girl spoke again but this time she was right behind him.

She was short in height and was abnormally thin. I could say that she was pretty, in a way. She had sharp cheekbones and big doe like eyes and her lips looked like she got a surgery done. But hey who am I to judge.

"Won't you introduce me ?" she said.

"Um ya Mom, Dad, everyone this Madison she's my—  " but before Caleb could finish she yelled.

"Fiance !" holding up her left hand showing a ring.

Everyone was silent for a minute before all hell broke loose. Everyone started congratulating Caleb well everyone except Chris.