Just friends

*Picture of Josh*

"So it worked then?"

"Hm?"

"Do not play dumb with me Danielle, you know ... with Josh!" Cara insists rolling her eyes before lying back down on the bed and returning to her magazine.

"Oh yeah, it'll be nice hanging out with him, he's a good friend," I say innocently enough.

"Oh yeah "a friend". That's why I gave him your number," she laughs back.

"Yes, seriously," I insist firmly "please Cara stop trying to play matchmaker, quite frankly it's exhausting."

"Ok, ok!" She holds her hands up in defeat, "I'll stop."

"Thank you."

I finish my makeup with my favourite nude lipgloss and start messing with my hair to make it right.

"Oh yeah it's definitely not a date," Cara laughs again without even looking at me, receiving a glare in return.

I ignore her, heading into the bathroom to pluck a stray eyebrow hair.

"So you and Jeremy have any special plans for tonight?"

"We're going out to town for a bit, we were going to get a Chinese first and then head out," I hear her answer absentmindedly.

"Sounds nice," I reply smiling as I come back into the room. "Which top?"

"Hm ... the blue one," she eyes me carefully as I inspect it against me in the mirror "so if this isn't a date then why are you so stressed about how you look?"

"Because I want to look nice, is that such a bad thing?"

"Not that you want to make my brother jealous or anything," she replies sarcastically.

"Cara, not everything I do is involved with Eli," I sigh, surprised at how honest my answer actually is. I think.

"It's just a shame that after all these years, this is how it has to end," she sighs and I shrug in return.

"So the blue one?" I ask again holding the light blue chiffon shirt with a white collar and three quarter length sleeves.

I pull on my white skinny jeans and finish getting dressed, slipping on my nude ballet flats. I add subtle silver jewellery and double-check my appearance.

"You look nice, I like that outfit."

"Thank you!" I can't help but smile, finally feeling good about myself again. "Oh he's here," I say calmly reading Josh's text before suddenly freezing.

"What is it?"

"Nothing ... just ... I feel guilty," I sigh running my fingers through my hair in frustration. "Anyway ..." I sigh before popping on some lipgloss.

"Just have fun!" Cara laughs, sticking her tongue out at me playfully.

"You want a drink?" I ask pulling my jacket and my handbag on.

"Nah I'm good thanks ... have fun!" She sings to me as I back out of the room.

"Will do!" I shout back, checking my phone quickly. "Hey mum I'm going now I won't be back too -"

I come to a halt when I get to the bottom of the stairs as I'm greeted with the last person I wanted to see right now.

"You going out?"