Confronting fears

*Picture of Dani*

The loud ping of my phone vibrating next to me, startles me awake. Sitting up, I abandon the theory that I dreamt last night when I'm greeted with Eli's familiar bedroom. With a sigh I pick up my phone to see a text from Alex. Finally!

"Anyone special?" Eli walks into the room carrying a brown paper bag with a familiar logo on the side.

"I guess. What's that?"

"You know," he replies with a grin sitting cross legged on the bed and opening the bag.

He pulls out two small white paper bags and hands one to me including a plate and cutlery.

"God I love you so much right now," I say with a grin revealing the divine chocolate chip pancakes and a small tub of vanilla ice cream.

"You better."

We tuck in to our food in companionable silence, mutually enjoying the glorious pancakes. Eli absolutely demolishes his in seemingly ten seconds and licks his fingers, looking completely content.

"How did I know that was exactly what you needed," he laughs watching me finish my breakfast.

"Don't flatter yourself, everyone loves Jenny's pancakes."

Once we've both cleared every crumb off our plates, Eli stacks them up and puts everything in a neat pile by the bed.

"That was amazing," I exclaim lying back on the bed letting everything digest.

"I don't think I've ever seen you care for anything as much as you care for food; most particularly pancakes."

"That is very true," I laugh feeling utterly content.

"Good night then?"

"Yeah great," I recount smiling at my memories of last night "ugh except for creepy Archie approaching me."

"What the hell was he doing at a girls night?"

"God knows," I reply shuddering.

"You want me to go and sort him out?" I would laugh but I'm not entirely sure if he's joking or not.

"Thank you but I'll pass, on the grounds that I don't want you arrested." I give him a stern look before standing up on to the soft grey rug.

"Where you going?"

"I am going to shower and freshen up after last nights antics. Is that ok?"

"Of course, I don't mind you eating my breakfast and then abandoning ship," he retorts with a grin.

"Oh shut up," I fling back lightly slapping his shoulder as I pass him, leaving the room.

***

"All I'm saying is you don't share a bed with someone that, and I quote, "is just a friend"."

"Well due to circumstance, I clearly have done," I reply leaving the bathroom wrapped in my big fluffy towel.

"Oh come on," Cara insists raising her eyebrows at me whilst I rummage through my draws for clothes and undies.