Awesome surprises and rethinking

*Picture of Eli*

I laugh reading Cara's latest "Help Me!" text as me and mum haul the last couple of shopping bags into mine and Cara's bedroom.

"There, you happy with everything now?" Mum rasps, sighing as she sits down on the bed.

"Absolutely," I say grinning, placing my handful of shopping bags down and leaning on the end of the bed.

"Well, you're all set now and thank you again for lunch." She smiles up at me before kicking off her shoes and stretching her toes.

"Have I given you a run for your money?" I giggle, we had done approximately five circuits around town and even I was weary.

"Just about," she replies laughing "what time will Cara be back?"

"Not sure she said she'd text me when she knew."

"Well then, I'll leave you in peace to make sure you still like everything," my mum says "I'm going to see what Al is up to." She stretches again before grabbing her shoes and ambling out of the room.

I place all my bags in a neat pile to sort out later before I grab my towel off the tepid radiator and strip down, quickly tying my hair up into a messy bun.

Tossing my worn clothes into the laundry hamper, I turn on Cara's shower and wait until the powerful stream turns to the perfect temperature.

I let the hot water simmer over my skin and I hum a familiar tune as I rub my favourite strawberry scrub all across my body.

Ten minutes later I'm fresh as a daisy and in my favourite black pj shorts and matching vest, legs crossed on the bed and texting my friends back home. There still isn't a text from Alex though, mustn't be that eager I guess.

"Looks like I'm gonna be here for the foreseeable future. Why does disaster always strike when I'm here?" I laugh at the most recent of Cara's dramatic updates.

"Knock knock?" I glance up at the familiar voice.

"Come in," I retort playfully grinning, I'm so clueless around him but I stopped worrying about that a long time ago.

Eli pokes his head round the door, his hair slightly scruffy and his eyes wide and quizzical.

"Don't tell me you're already dressed for bed?" He asks looking appalled "it's not even five o'clock."

"So? I'm tired," I state stubbornly, crossing my arms.

"Ok no offence grandma!" He replies holding his hands up in defence.

He saunters over and flops down on the bed lying horizontally on his front next to me.

"What'd you get?" He trills playfully resting his head on his hands like a child.

"Like you actually care," I say pulling a face at him.

"Hey, I do!" He laughs, slowly sliding his hand along the bed towards my leg in one obvious direction.

"Eli ..." He wouldn't dare. He's the only person that knows.

He greets my warning with a dangerous grin before, in one swift movement, grabbing either side of my waist with both hands and pulling me towards him.

"Eli, stop!" I scream in anticipation becoming breathless "if you even dare I will kick you in the face!"

He holds me down grinning evilly and starts tickling the inside of my calfs.