Special Christmas Bonus! 🎅🏻🎁

*Flashback*

"You'll have to come out at some point Dani!" Eli shouts out from outside of the car that I'm hiding behind.

Our street had been transformed into a Winter Wonderland this Christmas when the snow had hit. The neighbours had all pitched in and made a real effort with their lights this year, me and Jeremy had even gone to the old couple's down the roads and done it for them. It was one of the best Christmas' ever. Not to mention the snow had started just around my birthday so my fifteenth had been the most memorable so far.

"I'm not giving in!" I shout back, clutching my massive snowball to my chest.

"Well me neither!" He shouts back, "come on don't be a coward!"

I don't know how long we'd been out here, Cara and Jeremy had gone in a long time ago but I guess me and Eli were just equally competitive.

"Are you really sure you want some of this?" I shout threateningly and trying to stifle my laughter.

"I'm sure I can handle your wrath," he laughs back.

For some reason, his musical voice is getting closer to me. Before I have a chance to realise what's going on, a hand covers my mouth, an arm wraps around my midsection and I'm lifted up. I try and wriggle away laughing through his hand.

"Eli! Put me down!" I try to sound mad but I can't stop giggling.

He holds me down in his arm and resting against my leg, he's holding his snowball over my face and trying to stifle his own laughter.

"Surrender!"

"Never!" I protest kicking my legs under his grip.

I can't help but notice, however, that his body is pressed very close to mine and I can feel his delicate breath tickling my face. It takes everything I have not to kiss him right there and then. Instead I close my eyes in preparation of the impending snow attack. However, it doesn't come instead he pulls me close to him in a tight embrace, dropping his fist of snow.

"Wuss!" I shout gleefully as I pick up my own handful of snow and fling it at his face.

He's distracted enough for me to jump away and race towards the house. However, he must come around quickly because he is soon hot on my heels. I feel a spattering of snow hit my back and carry on running, laughing in exhilaration. I stop when I get to the front gate and look expectantly at him but he's slowed down.

"Eli?" I ask breathlessly.

"Wait, I wanted to give you your Christmas present," he insists approaching me and retrieving a small black box from his pocket.

"But it's only Christmas Eve?"

"I don't care, I wanted to do it away from prying eyes. Here," he hands it to me nervously.

"Thank you," I say grinning.

I open the little box to find the most beautiful silver locket. It looks like something from a Jane Austen or a Bronte novel, engraved with flowers and hanging on a delicate silver chain.

"Eli, I don't know what to say ..." I'm honestly speechless.

"I saw it at this little vintage store when we went to Durham last month and I knew you'd love it," he answers honestly, humbly putting his hands in his pockets.

"Well, thank you again," I say standing awkwardly for a second before running up to him and wrapping my arms around his neck, enjoying the closeness of our bodies.

"You're welcome. Merry Christmas Dani," he whispers through my thick curls.

"Merry Christmas," I whisper back, relishing this moment deeply. It's one I'll remember forever.

Merry Christmas everyone and I hope you all have a happy new year! 🎉💝