Birthday cake with tension on top

*Cara and Danielle's birthday party dresses*

"I know, I know. I'm a wizard!" Cara trills as I stand utterly gobsmacked at the reflection before me.

I thought my winged smokey eyes were some of her best artistic work and then Cara showed me the stunning low cut black evening gown with intricate lace decor and on my lower back. The dress amazingly accentuates all the best parts of my figure. Her own is similar but with a silk nude underskirt and white flowery patterns on her whole dress that highlights her bronzed skin. It's like the ultimate Angel/Devil pairing, I just never knew it would be this way around.

"You are definitely making my wedding dress one day," I squeal wrapping my arms excitedly around her neck as she attempts to hold me at arms length to protect her hair.

"Duh?!" She shrugs with a proud grin plastered on her face.

"What time will everyone start getting here you think?" I ask as she sprays us generously with our favourite perfume.

"Probably about eight," she replies distracted as she checks her constantly pinging phone. "Hey, have you heard from Josh at all?"

"No, why," I say worriedly as I carefully put my earrings in.

"I'm sure everything's fine," she reassures once she senses my worried tone. "I just wasn't sure if he's bringing a plus-one or not."

"Right ..." I reply awkwardly. "I can try calling him if you want?"

"Don't worry I'm sure he's just lost his phone or something, you know what he's like," she convinces me, rolling her eyes playfully.

We hear an unfortunate sound bang from downstairs as Cara's face falls and she rushes out, hitching her long skirts up around her calves in determination. Not able to resist a smile at her OCD, I remain in the calmness of her bedroom, gently running a brush through my loosely styled curls. Just as I'm rearranging my long black skirts, still in awe of the girl's talent, I hear shuffling footsteps and the door clicking shut.

"Woah," I hear Eli from behind me, forcing my grin to widen even more.

"You shouldn't be here, Cara was very insistent on making a big entrance," I insist sarcastically as I feel his presence close the gap between us.

I feel his gentle fingertips graze up my hips before his arms wrap around my waist and he presses his lips to the back of my head.

"I would say how amazing you look but you always do so ..." he whispers into my hair making me giggle nervously.

"Well thank you. You know you don't look so bad yourself stud," I tease, tracing my fingertips along his enclosed hands.

"Though I think you'd look even better out of it," he mutters huskily, his touch dangerously close to the delicate buttons on my back.

"I guess you'll just have to wait until later then," I say loudly, spinning round to face him with a mischievous grin.

He smiles back, his eyes glowing brightly as he leans down to kiss me.

"Wait! You'll get red lipstick all over your face," I protest, putting my hands firmly on his shoulders before gently kissing my fingers and placing them briefly on his.

"Hate to interrupt but you need to finish getting ready," Cara instructs as she breezes back into the room. "Tie, Eli?" She gestures at the missing part of his suit.

"Calm down Coco Chanel, it's just upstairs," he states defensively with a fond smile. "I'm just excited that my baby sister is finally turning eighteen," he teases as he deliberately goes in for a smothering hug, ignoring her protests.