Chapter 12- Love Hurts

Jordyn's P.O.V

          "Got anything Donnie?" He shook his head without even taking his eyes off the computer screen. I sighed and sat beside Donnie in my favorite desk chair. I looked around my tree house and saw everyone doing their own thing. Mikey was snoring on the floor, Leo sat on the balcony in the lawn chair, and Jill and Raph were still sleeping on the couch.

         "Jordyn, have you been experiencing any weariness, bad headaces, or over sleeping?" 

         "All of those times ten." I groaned. He nodded and typed something on my laptop. I looked over at it and saw there was a close up of my neck. I knew what the problem was; there was a chip in my neck from a while back, before Jill and I left New York and migrated to Virginia. The chip has been in my neck for almost a year now.

      "Jordyn, you need to look at this." I had a hunch that Donnie had found the chip and sure enough, I was right!

      "There's a chip in the tip of you're neck. Its made its way to your heart and it would be a risky procedure if we tried to remove it."

       "Okay. What could happen if we did do the procedure?"

       "Well, you could become paralyzed, it could cause more damage to the mind than there already has been, and it could....kill you. But, that's a worst case scenario." 

           "I'll get an answer to you by the end of the day." He simply nodded and yawned. We spent all night researching and we're both pretty beat. I wanted to take a nice long nap on my couch, but my lazy best friend was still sleeping, cuddling her hot-headed boyfriend. I tapped her shoulder and all she did was move her head onto Raph's plastron. 

         "That's it." I bent over and yelled in both their faces, so they'd get up.

           "TAKE A NAP ON THE FLOOR!" They both shot up and looked annoyed. I pointed to the floor and they both crawled onto the floor, grabbing their blanket. Jill fell back asleep (who'd a' though?!) and Raph yawned and walked  onto the balcony. I curled up on the couch with 'Harry Potter, The Deathly Hallows- Part 2' and read for a good hour and a half. Jill woke up at around nine a.m and walked outside. Leave it to Mikey to be the last one up.

      "So, how'd you guys sleep last night?"

      "Fine." Jill and Raph said in unison.

      "Pretty good." Leo replied, dragging the word "pretty". I nodded and walked back inside. Mikey was finally up and Donnie was sleeping. Poor guy didn't get any sleep last night, all because he wanted to help me.

     If only I wasn't an emotionless robot who showed no emotion. I'd tel him how I felt, although I'd probably screw things up again.

   Raph's P.O.V

    "When the hell can we get out a' here and go kick some ass?" Jill asked. We had been cooped up in the tree house for almost.  week now. I was going a little crazy myself.

    "Yea Feahless' Leadah', when are we gonna get out there and train?"

    "Soon Raph. Jordyn still has to get that chip or whatever out of her and then we can go back to New York and train and....kick butt." Leo never really cursed, like Jordyn, Jill, and I. I sighed and crossed my arms on the railing of the balcony. I stared out at the woods. It was bright, no clouds were in the sky. The trees blocked any direct sunlight from the tree house.

    I looked over to where Jill was standing and saw she wasn't there. I looked at the rope and saw her sliding down.

    "Where ya' goin'?" I asked her.