Chapter Seven

Happy's POV:

I left Stephanie in Jax's room to sleep. She was exhausted from the whole thing that had happened. I passed by Jax on my way through the main room.

"Stephanie's asleep in your room. Let her be, okay?"

Jax nodded, "What is going on? Chibs looked like shit when he came out."

"Just some personal things, she'll tell you when she's ready," I said with shrug.

"That's bullshit Happy. You know and I don't, why would she tell you and not me?"

I just shrugged again, "I don't know man. I'm sure she has her reasons. Just let her tell you herself. You're not going to get anything out of me."

Jax muttered something under his breath as he walked away. I headed outside to have a cigarette. I leaned against the table Stephanie and I always smoked at.

"Hey."

"Hey," I greeted Chibs as he took a seat beside me.

"I'm sorry about what I said. I just feel like right now, she's so fragile. I couldn't protect her from this and I just want to keep her safe from everything that could hurt her."

"Well then we have the same goals. And I'm not someone that is going to hurt her," I corrected him.

"I just don't know what to think anymore. I thought she was safe there and now I feel like everything is going to break her," he said.

I nodded, just listening.

"But you're right, she seems to really trust you. And I guess that's something."

"Yeah," I said softly.

Stephanie's POV:

I woke up, my head pounding from the freak out before I fell asleep. I groaned, rubbing my face. I was so embarrassed about what happened and my panic attack. I swung my feet over the side of the bed, pulling myself out of bed.

I looked over at the dresser, spotting my phone still sitting in the cup. I sighed, turning the door handle and leaving the room. I could hear voices out in the main room. When I walked through, I felt like people were staring at me. Opie and Jax were for sure and so were anyone else that had been there and heard my screams throughout the clubhouse.

"Stephanie." Jax called me over to him and Opie.

"Hey Stephanie," Opie greeted me with a small smile, "How are you feeling?"

"My head hurts," I mumbled, leaning against Jax.

"I'm sure Chibs' face hurts. You nailed him pretty good in the cheek," Jax commented.

I hid my face in his shoulder. "I feel so embarrassed."

"What happened?" Jax asked.

"I don't want to talk about it," I mumbled, "It's been a rough day. Where is Happy?"

"He went out for a bit. Didn't really say where he was going," Opie answered.

I nodded, stepping away from them, "I'm going to go back to the motel. I just want to relax."

"Alright, well call us if you need us," Jax said. I could tell something was bothering him but I just didn't really feel like getting into it. I couldn't handle anymore emotions for the night.

I gave them a quick hug before leaving. When I got to the motel I saw a familiar motorcycle sitting outside. I parked my car and got out, there was no one currently on the bike and I headed upstairs to my room.

Unlocking the door I went inside, locking the door behind me. I wasn't up for much longer when before going to bed.

I leaned against the railing outside my motel room the next morning, smoking a cigarette. I heard voices and I looked down, seeing two people walk out from a room below me. It was a man and a woman, the woman was clinging to the man as he left. I could hear her whining, begging him not to leave.

I watched him shrug the woman off.

"I have to go," he said. I stood up, straining to hear, I recognized that voice, there was only one man with a voice that deep.

I watched as Happy shrugged the woman off before getting onto his bike. The woman crossed her arms, her body language said that she was pissed. I flicked my cigarette away, not really sure why I felt a pang in my chest. I headed back into the room, falling onto my bed.

I was still so exhausted from yesterday and I just wanted to stay in bed for the day. I pulled the blankets over me and turned on the tv, scrolling through the channels to find something to watch.

"Hey," Dad said, coming over and bringing me into a hug. I hugged him back as he kissed the top of my head.

"Haven't seen you in a couple days?" he said, pulling away, "I was starting to get worried. You weren't answering your phone."

"Sorry Dad, I broke my phone. I just needed some time to myself," I explained.

Dad nodded, "Happy has been asking about you."

I felt the same pang I felt when I saw him with that other girl. I shrugged, "I figured he would be off doing things for the club."

"No he's just been hanging around here."

I nodded, "Maybe I'll see him around, I'm gonna go see what Jax is up to. I feel kinda bad that I haven't let my best friend know about what's been going on."

Dad frowned, "Are you sure you want to tell him? You know how he's going to react."

"I think I'm ready Dad," I said with a smile, "Do you know where he's at?"

"I think he's in the shop."

I gave my dad another hug before going outside. I found Jax working on his bike and I tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around putting down his tools.

"So I see you decided to grace up with your presence," Jax teased.

I smiled and rolled my eyes, "Shut up. I was actually wondering if you could take me for a ride? It's been a while since we've done that. Maybe go to our old haunts and talk? Like old times?"

Jax eyed me for a moment before standing up, "Yeah, we can do that."