Chapter Sixteen

When I woke up I was met with a very familiar face first thing. I smiled, reaching over and stroking his arm. Happy looked over at me.

"You're awake," he said, turning his body to me and taking my hand.

"Will you help me up?" I asked him.

Happy stood up, leaning over me. Taking my hand, he place another hand under my other shoulder, helping me up into a sitting position.

"Tara said I have some broken ribs," I told Happy.

Happy frowned, "She also said you wouldn't tell them who it was."

"You know who it was."

"Nords?"

"The same ones that came to a shop," I confirmed, "The told me that it was only the beginning. If you go after Derek it'll only get worse."

My body shook and I wiped away the tears, I was terrified. Happy wrapped an arm around my shoulders and held me close to him. I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Listen to me Stephanie," he said softly, "No one is going to hurt you. I know I failed to keep that promise last time and I feel horrible. But it won't happen again, I swear on my life. I will kill every son of a bitch that tries. Starting with those bastards."

I listened to him words, believing every last one. Sitting up, I turned his face to me. Gently, not to hurt myself, I pressed my lips to his. His arm dropped down to my waist, his grip tightening as he returned to kiss.

I pulled away, looking into his eyes.

"I believe you Happy. I know you will keep me safe."

Happy's POV:

"So what do we know?" Clay asked, addressing Juice at church.

"Well Derek Whitehill is an all star athlete, president of his fraternity's chapter. And date rapist," Juice said.

"His ties to the Nords?" I asked, ashing my cigarette.

"Nothing directly," Chibs answered, "He does have one rich daddy though."

"Probably went crying to him and he's got the Nords in his pocket for protection. Derek stands to became a pro basketball player and any scandal ruins those chances," Juice said.

"I don't really give a fuck who he is and what it ruins," I replied, "He doesn't get to do what he did and get away with it."

"I agree," Clay said, looking around the table as everyone nodded, "and I don't think anyone here disagrees. But as we seen they mean business and they have made that message very clear."

Chibs nodded, "I want to request not doing any runs. I don't really want to leave Steph alone right now."

Clay nodded, "I understand. Happy you want to stick around too?"

"Yeah, for the most part," I said, "But if you really need me, I'll be there."

"Alright," Clay said, "So what's are next step?"

"Finding the exact assholes the got Stephanie," Jax said, eyeing me, "And kill them."

I nodded in agreement.