Chapter Twenty Eight

Happy shook his head, "I'm not doing that. I'm not leaving you alone with him."

I broke eye contact with Derek to look at Happy.

"Please Happy, I need this. I need to talk to him, to have my own closure so I can move on. Please just do this for me," I begged him.

I saw his eyes flick over to my dad, he was unsure about it. He reached behind him to pull something out from his waist band. I felt hard metal press into my hand. I looked down at the gun he had passed to me.

"Okay, five minutes. And I'm going to be right outside this door. Be careful baby girl," Happy said, reaching up to stroke my cheek.

I closed my eyes at his touch, leaning into it a little.

"I will," I promised.

I felt his lips press against my forehead. After that he let go of me and I watched Tig leave the room, followed by my Dad. Happy was the last person to leave, shutting the door behind him.

I placed the gun down on the cabinet beside me.

"I just want to talk Derek," I said, slowly approaching him, "Can we do that?"

Derek nodded frantically. I reached over to remove the gag from his mouth.

"Please, Stephanie. I just want to go home. Please," he begged me through broken sobs.

I shook my head, "I think we both know that isn't going to happen."

"Please," Derek begged, his sobs getting louder.

I couldn't help but smirk a bit.

"It's ironic how much you remind me of myself. The way you're crying and begging for this all to stop. It's kinda how I was that night you raped me," I said, my voice low and my tone dark.

"I didn't rape you, you went upstairs with me."

"Just because I went upstairs doesn't mean I'm automatically going to sleep with you," I snapped, "I told you to stop, I fucking begged you! And you didn't. You kept going, you even put your hand over my mouth when I started crying. Don't tell me you didn't rape me!"

"Okay, okay," Derek said quickly, "i raped you."

"Glad we both have come to an understanding," I said sarcastically, walking back to the door and leaning on it, "Now I need closure Derek. I want to know why. Why would you do something like that and then just talk about it with your friends like it was another typical hook up. And don't say you didn't, because I know you."

Derek nodded, "You're right, I did. I don't know why I did it, maybe I drank too much. But I'm so so sorry Stephanie."

I smiled, "There we go, an apology. You really should have started with that."

"I'm sorry!" Derek repeated quickly, "I'm sorry."

I shook my head, "unfortunately we passed the point of saying I'm sorry."

I picked up the hand gun Happy had left, turning it over in my hand.

"What are you doing with that? Derek's voice shook as he spoke.

I shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe I'll just kill you myself."

I point the gun at him and he shook his head.

"No, no. Please!"

"Oh shoot, I'm sorry. I don't know what that word means, I guess we have something in common," I said as I pulled back the hammer.

I stepped closer to him, close enough so that the barrel was pressing against his forehead.

"Now again I ask you, WHY DID YOU RAPE ME?" I was losing patience.