Chapter Seventeen

After Church I headed to Gemma's office. I knocked before entering, shutting the door behind me.

"Hey Hap," Gemma greeted me, sitting back in her chair and taking off her glasses, "What do you need?"

"I know I may be in the wrong to say this or bring it up," I started, trying to pick my words carefully, "But I was wondering if you could maybe spend some time with Stephanie? Help her through some of this shit?"

"Why me?" Gemma asked, "We're not best friends."

I shook my head, "No, but we're a family. And I know you can relate as far as the emotions and mental state that she's in. You were there once."

Gemma frowned and looked away.

"I'm really sorry about bringing this up," I said softly, "I just really want to help her and I really don't know. I can't fully understand what she's going through or feeling. If you don't want to, I understand completely."

Gemma was silent. I could tell she was thinking about it. Finally she looked at me.

"Alright, I'll try to talk to her. But I'm not going to force anything out of her. That would be the worse possible thing to do."

I nodded, "I know. Thank you so much Gemma."

She gave me a small smile, "You're welcome."

I left the office, heading back into the clubhouse and to the dorms to find Stephanie. She was still sitting up in my bed, flipping through an old yearbook.

"Find anything interesting," I said with a grin, sitting next to her.

She nodded, "Yeah, I found a picture of you with hair. It's weird. I like the bald look much better."

I leaned over, kissing her gently.

"Can you do me a favor?" I asked.

"What?" She put down the yearbook.

"I'm not trying to be controlling, but it would help me not worry if you didn't go anywhere outside the clubhouse without me or Chibs," I said.

Stephanie frowned, "I'm not a child Happy."

"I know," I said with a sigh, "But I worry, I don't want anything to happen to you."

I could tell she wasn't happy with my request but she nodded.

"Alright. I'll make sure I have a babysitter at all times," she said, rolling her eyes then grinning.

I smiled and gave her another kiss, "Thank you baby girl."

Stephanie's POV:

It had been a week since I had been attacked and Happy still hadn't eased up at all. I thought at first he would be over protective but eventually calm down. Nope, no such luck. He texted em almost every five minutes when he was out on a run, and if he wasn't on a run he was right by my side.

I didn't mind too much, I did enjoy having him around. But it was getting a bit old to have to feel like I was reporting into someone. Him and my father were both making me feel that way. I groaned, dropping my head onto the bar. I whined when a pain burned in my side, pressing my hand into the spot hoping to ease the pain a bit.

"Beer?" I looked up, seeing Sack offering a cold bottle to me.

I smiled and nodded, taking the beer from him.

"We're never really been friends," I told him opening to bottle.

"Yeah, but still. Doesn't mean we can't be nice to each other," Sack replied, "I wouldn't exactly call us enemies either."