40: His Jersey.

Amelia Greene's Pov

Couple of months later...

I miss him. I miss him. I miss him.

That was the only thing going on my mind for the last couple of weeks and I couldn't even concentrate in class, not even a tiny winy bit.

I hate his practice sessions and I hate that I couldn't do anything about it.

"I know how you feel." Hannah nudged me and her face held a sad smile. I sighed not saying anything. I looked down at my fries not in a mood to eat it.

Even Ryan (Harris) was in the football team along with Jack and Zander so Hannah too was in the same condition as me.

They have been training hard for their upcoming match that was going to take place next month or after a week. This match was very important for our school because it was a matter of reputation. We were competing with our long time rival Dale high school and our win was a must for our school, according to our principal.

So they had been preparing and were practicing really hard for this.

Their practice had went to an extent that I could hardly meet Zander. They were always called up for meetings and plan out for their match and since the match was near, he had been busy than ever.

Everyone who was a participant of any of the competition that was gonna be played, their lunch time were shifted an hour earlier than the rest of the students and because of that I couldn't be with Zander during lunch.

And he hardly attends class due to his practice and when he gets home, he'd be tired and I don't wanna disturb him.

We meet up whenever we can and Zander had been trying to adjust his schedule for me and seeing him try so hard just to see me makes me love him more.

"Hello girls." Kyle said dropping his lunch tray noisily on the table making me jump a little on my seat.

"You could say that without doing that." Dylan rolled his eyes and sat down beside Hannah. Kyle sat down beside me.

"What's with the sad face?" Kyle ignored Dylan's comment and asked looking at me and Hannah.

"Nothing." I grumbled sipping my OJ. Hannah was nibbling her burger.

"You do know that the competition is soon and then Zan and Ryan would be all yours." Kyle said throwing his hands in the air for the effect.

"That doesn't mean they can't miss them." Dylan said giving Kyle a bored look.

"You, eat your lunch." Kyle said pointing at Dylan. "Hannah stop doing that." He pointed at Hannah nibbling her burger. "Sunshine, give me your fries." Kyle said giving me his best smile and even fluttered his eyes for an effect.

Dylan snorted at Kyle but still he started eating and Hannah stopped nibbling her burger.

"Why would I give it to you?" I asked him looking down at my fries. I grabbed one and popped it in my mouth.

Nah, I've lost my appetite.

"Because you don't want to eat." Kyle said in a duh tone.

"I never said that." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Yes, you didn't but you don't have to say it to me for me to know what you are feeling." Kyle said cheekily and Dylan choked on whatever he was eating, sandwich.

Dylan started coughing and Hannah patted his back. "Are you okay?" Hannah and I asked in unison concern at his choking.

"I am fine." Dylan said in between his cough.