28: Explain.

Amelia Greene's Pov

The first thing I did after seeing Zander drive away was- sit and blink repeatedly like a fool not knowing what to do for a couple if seconds until Ryan's voice brought me back to reality.

"Amy, are you okay?" Ryan's voice made me snapped my head in his direction.

"I have to go." I said weakly, zipping my back pack as fast as I could and taking my phone out in the process.

"Oh okay." Ryan's voice sounded a bit off but I was too busy in my own thoughts to ponder upon that. " I can drop you if you want?" Ryan offered when I stood up, I shook my head and tried to smile as best as I can.

"Hannah is coming to pick me up." I declined his offer as subtly as possible. "Um, I'm sure you understood." I pointed towards his backpack which had his maths book inside now. "And yeah, keep practicing." After that I quickly made my way out of the café typing a quick text to Hannah to pick me up.

She replied back with an 'I'm on my way'. As I waiting for Hannah, Ryan came out of the café and stood beside me. "You sure you don't want me to drop you?" He asked, sounding worried.

"Hannah is on her way." I answered tapping my foot impatiently as I wanted to talk with Zander.

Zander might have thought all wrong about this situation. He might be thinking I was going behind his back and meeting some other guy though that was not the case. He is the one I want and like though he might not feel the same about me. And also even though, we are not a couple or anything I got this ugly feeling that I am somehow betraying and breaking his trust which I don't want to.

I've to talk with him.

"... With you, Amy?" Ryan shook my shoulder a little to get my attention and it worked.

"Huh? What?" I asked, clueless about what he was talking about.

"I was saying I cam wait with you for Hannah." Ryan gave me a smile but it looked somewhat forced.

"You don't have.." Before I can complete my sentence, a car honked making me look at the direction where the sound came from. It was Hannah and I couldn't be any more happy.

I said a quick goodbye to Ryan not hearing what he said after that and ran towards Hannah's car. I got in and the first thing I did after settling in was to dail Zander's number and say hurriedly. "To Zander house."

"Woah woah, hold up. Why are you going there?" Hannah asked sounding genuinely confused but started driving nonetheless.

I didn't answer her as I was busy waiting for Zander to pick his phone up but he just won't pick up. I tried again and again and again but he still didn't pick up. I groaned out and leaned back on the seat helplessly.

"Okay so are you gonna tell me now?" Hannah asked, she was waiting for me to get settled and when she saw that I was she didn't waste any time to inquire about what had happen and why I was looking so stress and panicky.

I sighed and started explaining everything that had happened after she had dropped me at the café.

"Well, that's one hell of a shitty situation." Hannah breathed out after I finished narrating what went down at the café.

"I know." I groaned closing my eyes and massaging my temple.

"And you should know that Zander is not at his house now." Hannah said casually. I sat up straight and looked at her.

"What? Then where is he?" I asked her quickly wanting to know where he would be then if not his house.

"He is at Kyle's place along with Dylan and Ryan- my boyfriend." Hannah told me driving towards to that same out road which leads to Kyle's place.