42: Talk with Ryan Parker.

Amelia Greene's Pov

I waited for Zander near the vending machine with my phone in my hand. I walked around the machine impatient to meet him.

When he still didn't came after I waited for him for more than two minutes I decided to text him.

Two minutes felt like an hour.

Where are you? -Amelia.

I'll be there in five.- Zander.

He replied after a minute and I huffed at his audacity to take one minute to reply to a simple text.

Not wanting to wait for him anymore I started walking towards their team locker room. I decided to wait for him near their locker room and so when he comes out I'll see him instantly.

I waited for him to come out of their locker room, I stood at least ten feet away from their locker door and leaned on the wall. I could see clearly whoever would come out from that door.

I crossed my arms and my shoulders touched the wall. Since I had nothing to do, I counted the seconds in my head.

"Amy? What are you doing here?" I turned around when I heard Ryan Parker's voice behind me.

"I am waiting for Zander." I answered him and this time I looked at him, like really looked at him. His flinched a little when he heard what I said and his expression turned hard but he was quick to masked it.

I was flabbergasted by what I just saw.

"Oh, I see." He smiled but it looked forced.

"Ryan." I said his name softly. When he heard my tone of voice he looked at me with warm gaze that made me feel bad for what I was about to say.

"You do know that, I look at you as a friend and nothing more." I said as softly as I can. His face fell at what I said.

"But I don't look at you that way." He said, his tone somewhat sad. "I've never looked at you as a friend." He continued and closed his eyes breathing in deeply.

"I've always loved you." He said opening his eyes and his eyes held so much hurt.

"But I never-" I was cut off by Ryan.

"Come with me. Leave Zander and be my girlfriend. I know he would be angry but I will protect you, I will-"

I was shocked by his sudden outburst. "What? Are you crazy? I love Zander. I would never leave him." I cut him off and stare at him as if he was crazy and at the moment he sounded like one.

"Please Amy, please." Ryan pleaded with a broken expression. My heart broke at his broken look and felt guilty that I was the one causing him this pain, I was the reason behind his broken state.

"I can't Ryan. I love Zander more than anything." I shook my head and looked down at my shoe not able to meet his eyes that held so much pain which was because of me.

"But I love you." Ryan said in a defeated tone. I looked up at him from my shoe and he sighed heavily.

"I'm sorry." I didn't know what to say anymore.

Ryan didn't say anything but kept looking down at his shoes. His shoulders were slouched and he looked defeated. "I don't wanna lose you." He mumbled his voice down.

"I wish I know what to say that would make you feel better and I'm not even gonna start with the 'you will find someone better' speech because it doesn't really matter at times like this and it sounds more like a pity speech." I said taking a step towards him and kept my hand on his shoulder.

"But what I can say is that, even though I can't be your girlfriend I would try to be your good friend but only if you want too." I said softly, my hand still on his shoulder and his head looking down and not at me.

He slowly lifted his head up and looked at me. His eyes were classy and he smiled sadly. "I'd like that." His voice was low and I smiled at him.

"Can I hug you?" Ryan asked expectantly with a hopeful tone. I couldn't deny him and also it wasn't like he was gonna try anything now.

Without saying anything, I hugged him and his arms went around my waist hugging me tightly as if it was our last time hugging but instead it was our first.

He buried his face on my shoulder and mumbled, "Thank you Amy."

"What's going on here?" We pulled back when we heard Zander's voice.

Zander was glaring at Ryan who didn't meet his eyes. Zander held my wrist and pulled me towards him. "Nothing was going on." I said looking up at him.

But instead of looking at me he was still glaring at Ryan who was now looking at Zander.

"Hey." I cupped his face cheeks and turned it towards me. He looked down at me and his eyes turned soft. I smiled at him in assurance.

"We were just talking." Ryan finally opened his mouth. I looked back at him and smiled at the new beginning that we have decided to start. Ryan gave me a small smile.

Zander's grip on my waist tighten. "She's mine." He snapped at Ryan making both of us look away from each other and at Zander.

"I know." Ryan murmured his voice suddenly down but he quickly regained his composure and he smiled again. "It was nice talking to you Amy. I'll see you around." Ryan smiled at me and gave a nod in Zander direction.

"That won't be happening." Zander snapped, Ryan's expression turned grim. Zander was still glaring at Ryan making me nudge him lightly.

I shook my head when he looked down at me.

"Um, Bye." Ryan said awkwardly.

"Okay. Bye Ryan." I smiled at him in a friendly way and he turned around walking away from us.

"What is this all about?" Zander asked me.

"What?" I cocked my head and looked up at him. He arched an eyebrow at my question and didn't look happy.

I sighed. "We were just talking and he's not gonna be a threat, you know." I reassured him knowing really well he was unhappy with me talking with Ryan and also I could feel his jealousy radiating off of him in waves.

"And he can never be." Zander declared confidently. He leaned down and peck my lips making me smile. "I don't like you hugging or even touching him." He mumbled on my lips.

"This would be the only time." I mumbled back.

"Good." Zander said pressing his lips on mine and deepening the kiss.

I pulled back quickly when I remembered something. Zander groaned and tried to pull me back but I moved my head back.

"Let me say this first." I said quickly when he tried to pull me in for a kiss again.

His hand that was at the back of my neck stopped which was trying to pull me in for a kiss as if to let me talk and I took that as my cue to start talking.

"Congratulations on your win." I said grinning cheekily up at him.

His lips titled up and it turned into a breathtaking smile. "Thank you, sweetheart." He nuzzled his nose with mine. "Now give me my victory kiss." He murmured huskily.

I giggled unable to stop myself and stood up on my tip toe to kiss him.

He was just insatiable.

*~*~*

Vote, comment & share.