Chapter Ten

Women Of The Wild

Ban

"Your powers as the Wingless Dragon are ready to manifest..."

Wingless Dragon?

"Wah? I wasn't told that I was the next Wingless Dragon" Malaika calmly proclaimed as she floated by the giant dragon's three heads. "Your mother promised me to keep it a secret until you were ready, dear child..." The Dragon informed as its middle head drew nearer to Malaika. "Why would she do that?" She questioned as she placed her hands on her hips.

"Because she was the previous Wingless Dragon..."

"Makes sense."

Deadpanning at her nonchalant tone, I blinked up at the mysterious woman as she rubbed the back of her head. "So what do I hafta do for me Dragon ta awaken?" She asked, her accent changing slightly as she tilted her head to the side. I narrowed my eyes at the familiarity, my mind racking up from where I've heard it before. I frowned as my mind went blank, my frustration growing as I tried to get over this mental wall. "Gah! Why can't I remember?!" I exclaimed as I roughly ruffled my hair. "Remember what?" Diane curiously questioned as they gave me their attention. I narrowed my eyes at Malaika as she paused her conversation, her eyes landing on me as they widened slightly. "Why the hell is your accent so familiar?" I questioned her. I watched as she stiffly lowered her arms to her sides, her back straight as she looked me in the eye. "I wonder..." I heard her taunt as she started to tap on her chin. Getting angry, I jumped up towards her with a raised fist.

"Stop playing around!"

"Gah!"

I clicked my tongue as she ceased her levitation to dodge my attack, her little Dragon friend catching her hastily before she could hit the ground. "Scary, scary" she childishly proclaimed before looking at me. I frowned as I landed beside Captain, my hands in my pockets as smoke began to surround us.

"Malaika..."

Shifting my eyes to the old white dragon, I watched as it calmly brought the end of its tail towards her chest before touching it. Immediately a light emitted from the touch, some type of crystal taking its place after it dimmed.

 Immediately a light emitted from the touch, some type of crystal taking its place after it dimmed

"Ooh, pretty~."

"Why does it have an eye in it?" Malaika questioned as she jumped out of her friend's arms. I raised an eyebrow at him when he gave her a small pout, his eyes solely trained on her as she talked with the giant dragon. "You will need that for the quest you are about to take..." It informed. Malaika frowned. "That doesn't answer my question" she stated as she placed her hands on her hips.

"You are to find the Angel Dragon and tame it...You will need her for the journey you are on."

"You really are ignoring me, huh?"