Chapter Twelve

A Storm's A-Brewin' Pt. 2

Malaika Kya

"Malaika? What are you doing up here?" Meliodas questioned as I jumped onto the rink. "I'm the performance" I answered as I gave him a childish peace sign. He chuckled as Ban blinked at me in surprise, King just being his usual self as he gazed at me with amused eyes. "Let me guess, you're singing?" The Faerie asked me. "Might add in a dance move or two while I'm at it" I answered as I nodded. I grinned as my little King chuckled, his arms wrapping tightly around his pillow as he nuzzled into it.

"Well then, get off my stage so I can do me stuff!"

Laughing at the looks I received, I waved the eight finalists off before standing in the middle of the rink. It was silent as I thought of the song I wanted to sing, my Enchanted Voice soon getting activated as music began to play through everyone's minds.

"Daddy doesn't think that you'll be good enough for me
Mama says be careful 'cause he'll break your heart in three
They don't walk in my shoes
They ain't being kissed by you"

Standing in the middle of the ring, I swayed my body side to side as I clapped to the rhythm of the beat. My audience soon started to do so as well as I held up three fingers before shaking my head. Smiling mischievously, I appeared next to Ban, surprising him and the others as I rested an elbow on one of his shoulders.

"My sister says she doesn't like the way you wear your hair
But I know that she's jealous so why would I even care?
I have to lie about
How good you make me feel"

Ruffling his hair, I smiled innocently as he glared at me. Shrugging my shoulders in indifference, I stood in front of the retired bandit before running my hand down his chest.

"So oh oh
Tell me, tell me you won't break my heart
You won't tear my world apart
That you'll be there when I need
'Cause I wanna tell them

They just don't know you
They don't know you like I do
They just don't know you
They just don't know you, like I do"

Going back to the ring, I started swaying and clapping my hands again. The people surrounding the ring joined me as I did so, my arms moving across my body as if I was ripping it apart. My skirt flared around me as I twirled on my toes, my back facing my friends as my hair collected itself onto my right shoulder. I knew that they were able to see my wings and battle scares, but I was more worried about Ban recognizing the pale circular scar on my mid-lower back.

"Talk is cheap and rumors spread but they go with the wind
It's not about she said he's sick 'cause I know where it ends
I know the real truth
And the real truth is you

It's funny 'cause at times it feels like us against the world
They treat you like a criminal but I'll still be your girl
I'd ride or die with you
Walk the line if you asked me to"

Clearing the thought from my brain, I appeared beside Meliodas and placed an arm across his shoulders. Feeling a strong breeze fly through us, I used some of my magic to let cherry blossom petals float into the air. Giving my attention to King, I pointed a thumb downward as I sang, letting the little Faerie know what his sister said was right. My eyes soon glanced over towards Ban, a strange look gleaming in his eyes as I gave him a cheeky smile. Throwing an arm across his shoulders, I gestured a finger between us before thrusting my hand towards the crowd. My fingers combed through his silver hair before trancing them down to his chin. Tilting his head upwards, I smirked deviously at the man I love, his red eyes gazing down at me as I slide a thumb across my neck.