Part 53

24 day's pass December 24th

It's Christmas even and Finn, Stephanie and their kids plus Colin, Rosemary and their twin's are spending it together In New haven at Rory and Logan's place, Robert, Juliet and their kid's are with Juliet's family for Christmas much to Robert's dismay. Colin and Rosemary are still living apart but he has the kid's 4 day's a week since Rosemary would rather party then be a mother, That's one of the big reason's Colin is upset turns out she wanted a full time nanny so she could go out and spend time with her unmarried childless friends, She's sleeping in her own room in the guest house, The twins have a room of their own and Colin is in the last room, Finn is staying in the guest room in the main house. It's a fairly relaxed Christmas for them all, Colin and Rosemary actually seem a bit happier the last few day's. Tonight they are all going to the Huntzburger mansion for Christmas even dinner as Mitchum requested, Hes actually started to like Colin and Finn but still doesn't like Robert so much possibly because he knows Robert has a thing for Rory and has since College. While at the Huntzburger home in Hartford Mitchum takes Logan aside into his study to talk to him.

"Son, I want to say something to you"

"Yes Father"

"I know I haven't always been the best father, nor the most present and I am grateful that you and Rory have given me a second chance at building our relationship. I just want you to know that I am truly proud of you Logan, You have become the kind of man I had always hoped you would be, Strong, focused, grounded. You're leading this company in a good direction, I didn't think it was possible to be both a good business man and a good husband and father, I always thought proving for my family and making sure you all had everything you could ever want or need was the most important thing. It wasn't until I saw how you are with Rory and the kids that I realized it is possible to be both. She makes you a better man Logan, She pushes you to be your best personally and professionally and for that I am grateful. I'm happy that you have found a way to be a great father, Husband and Business man."

"Thank you father that makes me so happy that you are proud of what I have become and what I am doing both professionally and personally, I need you to understand that I know why you were that way with me and honor growing up, You thought you where doing what was right, What was expected of you. I just, I couldn't do the things you asked of me. I couldn't be the heir to the Huntzburger dynasty without Rory by my side, She reminds me of all the things I love about the business, She bring's me the joy I needed"

Logan went into the Sitting room asked Finn to keep an eye on the kids so he could have a quick chat with Rory. Logan still in shock of his dad's words a little bit told Rory what had happened and what Mitchum had said and she was even in utter shock, So much she was speechless to be exact. Mitchum Huntzburger actually admitting that Logan was doing a good job, a better job then Mitchum himself and on top of it inviting Logan's friends and their little families for Christmas eve dinner was a huge deal but Gwen and retirement brought out a new side of Mitchum, He was enjoying life, His grandkids and even the social events he formerly thought where "Stupid" he loved Gwen so much he would do anything she asked him too.

The next morning December 25th

Colin woke up early to make everyone breakfast so they quickly could get the day's activities done. Once finished he went room to room to wake the adults up who them grabbed their kid's so they could all eat then they sat next to the tree and opened the huge mountain of present's for all 12 of them. Colin actually managed to surprise Rosemary he got her and 2 of her sisters tickets for a 7 day cruise to the Bahamas leaving December 31st. Finn got Stephanie a beautiful new dress, a pair of limited edition high heels and a new necklace and bracelet, Logan got Rory a new BMW SUV since her car was small and he knew they would be talking about having another baby soon, Rosemary got Colin a new suit, tie and cufflink's, Stephanie got Finn a positive pregnancy test aka baby #3 and Rory got Logan a 7 day trip to Hamburg with her no kids and no work. Finn got Logan a Superman shirt, Rory a Super woman shirt, Colin got Finn a Batman shirt and Stephanie a bat girl shirt and himself a superman shirt, Colin got Finn and Logan a 1 night guy's night pass that Stephanie and Rory agreed upon, Logan got Finn batman footie pajamas , Colin Spider-Man footie pajamas and himself Superman footie pajamas. The kids got all kind of toys and clothing of course. Mitchum had bought Rory a few of the books Rory had said she had wished she could get her hands on from the rare book and manuaacript library to help out their book collection.