Six

Tony's POV

"How's she doing?" Mike asked while I walked out of the bunk area. We had started the drive to New York. I got Avi to her bunk before and she was sound asleep.

"She's asleep, I just hope there isn't a nightmare tonight" I said and he nodded.

"Have you decided yet when you're going to tell her?" I sighed and shook my head. "Tony-"

"I know Mike, I know I keep putting it off, but every time I want to tell her I just think about what's gonna happen after. I'm the reason she's like this" I said and he frowned. I've always eaten myself up about this, but I can't help how I feel. If I didn't think back then that she'd be better off without me, she wouldn't be ridden with her illnesses.

"Stop!" My head snapped to Avi's bunk and I ran towards it opening the curtain. She was shaking and sobbing in her sleep. I climbed into her bunk and pulled her against my chest.

"It's okay Avi, it's Tony, you're safe here" I whispered and she started to calm down to just small sobs racking her body.

"I hate this" she whispered.

"I know hun, I know. I'm here for you as long as you need me to be" I whispered. We could've avoided all of this if it wasn't for my selfish ways.

"Hey Tone, there's a supervisor waiting as soon as we get to Rochester" Matt whispered and I nodded looking down at Avi, who had fallen back asleep.

"Thanks Matt" I whispered and he left us. We're gonna be okay baby girl.

--

Avi's POV

"Hey Avi, time for school" Matt said, knocking against the wall. I woke up and stuck my hand out for the laptop. "Nope, come out and get ready please, there's a supervisor here to see how you're doing"

"Fuck" I grabbed some clothes from my suitcase and hopped out of the bunk.

"Whoa, calm down, why are you all of a sudden in a rush?" He asked.

"Supervisors mean it's possible for me to be taken off the tour completely. If they don't think I'm doing well here... I could leave a lot earlier than expected and be sent to a group home" I said and he still looked puzzled. "Being in a group home is a last resort for foster kids. We never get a chance to be adopted after being put in one"

"Oh" I nodded and ran to the bathroom making sure I didn't have any weed or paraphernalia anywhere, just to be on the safe side. I didn't want to go away for that, I didn't want to go away at all.

After I had showered, I French braided my hair back into two separate braids and did my makeup quickly with a dark red lip. I jumped around the small bathroom while I put on my distressed skinnies, and plain black tee. I slipped a burgundy beanie over my hair, my glasses on, and my rose plugs that are the only pair I really really love. I went back to my bunk and grabbed a lace choker and my mom's ring.

I walked out to the front lounge smiling at the supervisor, who was talking to Tony. They smiled back while I grabbed my socks and combat boots to put on.

"Matt, can I do my work in the back lounge? I want to focus" I said.

"You have to talk with the supervisor first please" I nodded and sat down. Tony left and I sat down. I was freaking out in the inside. I hated having to talk to supervisors, only because I hated feeling like I was going to be taken away at any second.