Thirteen

Tony's POV

"Guess who's getting a new tattoo? It's not me" I said while Avi laughed. She's done so much better since when we've met. She's happier and healthier than she's ever been. Her nightmares and flashbacks have settled a lot more and we barely use her oxygen mask anymore.

"What's up everyone, its LA day with pops. We decided to have a father-daughter day and this is our first activity. We're at The California Dream tattoo lounge in North Hollywood. I'm about to get tattooed by Romeo Lacoste" she said pointing the camera to him. He smiled while he set up his station. Avi was getting some Grey and wilting flowers on her leg to cover scars and what looked like burn scars by an iron.

I know she hasn't said her entire truth to me. She was protecting me from losing my mind, but seeing scars on her body that others inflicted on her made me crazy. I wanted to find every person that hurt her and bash their heads into a brick wall.

"Dad's gonna come to an amazing person's house with me after my tattoo is done. We're gonna collaborate on an amazing project that I can't talk about but you do get to see who the person is, she's amazing by the way" she said and I took my phone out smiling instantly at my wallpaper. One night, I came home late from practice and Avi and Doug were on the couch passed out together. It was really cute and I took a picture of them.

"You know, I felt like you're just gonna get completely covered by the time you're legally allowed to get tattoos without me" I said and she smiled.

"Probably not, I only have three" she said turning her camera off.

"It's gonna hurt over the scars, you gonna be okay?" Romeo asked.

"I've had worse" she said. I cringed a bit and she gave me an apologetic look. I didn't like how she talked about her past. I love that she can be comfortable with herself and her past, but I'm not and she does try to filter herself as much as possible around me. I wanted to be comfortable but it was difficult.

"Hey Dad, guess who got an invite to Tommy Hilfiger?" She asked.

"You?" She nodded.

"Erin and Danielle are going too, but I have front row because Gigi Hadid invited me" she said and I had to wait a bit to completely understand the sentence she just told me.

"How are you my daughter? You hang out with rappers, super models, your manager is Kris Jenner-"

"Mrs. J isn't my manager pops, she's my business associate" she said.

"She's your business associate and you're dating Shawn Mendes, you literally could move out and live on your own" I said and she scrunched her nose up.

"I don't think my credit score is good considering I'm a minor" she said and I rolled my eyes.

"You know what I mean, are you gonna carpool with Danielle and Erin? Or do you want to go with whoever you're going with?" I asked kissing the top of her head.

"I'm gonna go with Erin and Danielle, and I'm gonna stay with Kendall at her condo after so I'll meet you at the drive in for the music video premier" she said before taking a snapchat video. She was so into social media it amazes me how she's able to sleep. She manages to keep a smile on her face every day and I definitely feel so inspired by her to be happy and grateful for everything.

"Hey bubz, what do you want to do for food before we go to Lilly's house?" I asked while she played with her dress.

"Ooh, can we go to chipotle?" She beamed.

"Sure, text Lilly" she nodded and started typing away. She was very disciplined and never gave anyone a problem. I get why people live to be around her. She was also beautiful, I guess Ray and I got that right. I'm glad she learned from others' mistakes to build herself up. She had told me that she was bullied a lot in school but she would speak to shit them up. She was quick with morbid and sarcastic remarks.