Welcome to.. I don't know where

I couldn't feel my body. My eyes felt heavy. With a herculean effort I tried moving a finger, but in vain. The place was so bright, that my eyes were sensitive to the scorch of the piercing brightness. My body felt rigid like a stone but I tried getting up like my life was dependent on it, or it actually was. I squinted at the bright light, and that time it hurt less.

I was able to see nothing except a white blank room. First I thought it was due to some defect in my vision. Though my legs were trembling I forced myself to get on my legs. I rubbed my eyes hard to come to reality, even then I saw only a blank white room. My legs barely supported my torso but I tried walking towards the edge of the room. As I staggered towards the wall, I stumbled and out of control I fell, with my head banging on the wall.

To my surprise it didn't hurt at all. The force with which I hit the wall was enough for a life time paralysis but there was not even a small sign of wound or blood. Since I was in a dazed state I thought I just imagined a wall at that place. I touched the wall with my palm and it was solid! solid like concrete! I was perplexed.

I was sure of one thing that it wasn't the place I used to live or I should be living. My memory was incoherent in a hazed state.

For once, the fog subsided which brought my name before my eyes. On playing an intricate mental game of connecting the dots, a complete picture of my glorious name- Debbie Ingrid, was the first thing to be registered in my insane brain.

If this wasn't the place I used to live, then what the hell is this? Perhaps an alien world? But why an alien world has only four walls? Or, was I dead in the world where I lived and this is the place where dead souls arrive? But dead souls don't feel pain and I'm sure my limbs were searing with pain!.

The possibilities were ceaseless till I abruptly rested it on one single thought. My final conclusion was that, I was color blind and so I wasn't able to perceive the colors of my room! But that was also false as I was able to see the color of my dress!

Looking down at my body, my heart stopped for a minute . It seemed so weak and lifeless, like a zombie. My hair was short with lots of knots like it was freshly taken out of the cotton candy machine.

I didn't know how long it became as there was no clock inside, but I knew it was long since I woke up. I was not able to stand anymore. My knees buckled and I gave in for the gravitational pull of the floor. My doubts themselves formed a storm inside my brain.

How would've I entered if there isn't a door or a window? If I had entered without a door or a window then there must be a way to exit also! The results of my hard mental labour were nothing but a bluff of illogical facts.

Unexpectedly, like a train emerging from a tunnel, my heart thumped inside my ribs. There was an unusual adrenaline rush in my brain. I felt an obligation to get out of that place as soon as possible. Without thinking about the consequences, I ran at the wall. As per Newton's law, the force inflicted back on my body by the wall made me crash on the floor with a thud. Anger gushed from my brain. I was anxious to find a way out of the place and at once my wish came true.

A deep fissure appeared on one of the walls and it formed a door. Out of nowhere a golden handle appeared on the door. Enthusiastically I ran towards the door, curious to find what was on the other side.

Without warning a shiver passed down my spine. Impulsively I took my hand back from reaching the door. I felt the presence of an unpredictable danger on its other side.

To my horror, the handle turned by itself which made my gut sear with pain. As the handle turned, the door unlocked, and someone pushed it from the other side.

A brilliant glow of light penetrated adding to the existing brightness of the room. I squinted at the light and barely figured out a hand, holding the handle from the other side, pushing the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, thank you for reading my story.

Don't forget to vote or comment, but if you want to be a silent reader, that's fine too.

Try reading the next chapter as the person opening the door is very important.