Zeev

The dawn of December thirteen was freezing in Mayfair. The streets were muted like outer space. Time was seven in the morning. Usually the neighborhood would be cacophonous at this time, as people would be rushing to work. But these days, the neighborhood doesn't even  show sign of life as it was the time of winter vacation. The sun was also lethargic as it rose from the cosy clouds only after nine.

In this scenario, only my metabolism showed stranger signs as I sat up straight on my bed sweating and gasping. My heart beat was faster than a train. My hair, face, neck,and shirt were drenched in sweat. Though I was in a room with heater, it was practically impossible to sweat litres in winter.

I closed my eyes for a few seconds. In this brief moment, a few scenes flashed across my mind. They were not clear, but I was able to grasp few things from them. I saw myself entering a room which was white and void. Then I was assaulting a girl fatally. Though she struggled at first, she made a counter attack and escaped out of the room, leaving me behind with unendurable pain. Then after a long time, a door appeared and I left the room.

Anything I saw then didn't make sense to me. It might've been a nightmare, as I slept the previous day after performing a lot of stunts for a movie. But I couldn't convince myself as it was so vivid.

And there came a girl, whom I attacked pretty badly. I had never thought of harming  a women till then. I had great respect for all women except my mom. She and dad abandoned me when I was eleven years old. That day still remains in my memory, haunting my dreams. They left me in an orphanage, promising that they would return soon, but they never returned.

I came out of my trance as there was a knock at the door. Only one person knocks my door at that time and enter before I could even tell. Obviously it was Stan, my brother.

Stan was twenty seven , three years elder to me. He was dressed in blue jean, white shirt and black overcoat. He was so tall, that his head and the door frame were just inches away. He mastered in all martial arts, and maintained a perfect muscular body. I envied his body all the time, as it had perfect cuts and muscles, whereas my body had only bones and skin.

 His face was completely Asian, with deep black eyes, wide nose, narrow forehead and black hair. Not to mention, Stan was my brother from another mother. He and his father took care of me for three years, like their own family. Even after I became an actor, Stan took care of me by managing my timings, schedules, meetings, health and so on. In fact Stan became my manager but I never let anyone to treat him like that.

Every morning, he walks inside my room, like a wife, opens the curtains and wakes me up. As per his morning schedule, he entered, opened the curtains, turned towards my bed and gave a jerk on looking me drenched in sweat, in a bewildered state.

"Hey Zee ! Are you alright?" said Stan.

 Like a typical brother he annoys me always. He calls me Zee. I never liked to be called like that as it was a girl's name.

"I've told you not to call me like that!" I grunted.

"It's permanently saved in my vocabulary. Difficult to delete. Well that doesn't matter. What happened to you? Did you take shower with your clothes on?" said Stan.

"Nothing. Just a nightmare. I'm sane enough to take off my clothes before shower" I curtsied

He came near and touched my forehead, analyzing my temperature.

"It's high! Should I call the Doctor?" panicked Stan.

"No don't! It's not fever. I was just a little startled by the nightmare"