Debbie

If he had chocked me any longer I would've died out of suffocation. So I decided to admit the truth.

"I am Debbie Ingrid. Luke's sister" I yelled.

                             Definitely he was taken aback as he immediately took his hand away. The atmosphere was serene. We both stood weirdly looking at each other. Meanwhile I studied  Sean. He was a man on his late twenties. He had green eye and black hair. His face was thin and his chin was pointed, highlighting his jawline. He was taller than Luke.

                            Adel came back with a steaming cup of cocoa and dropped it on seeing us. The cup broke and the cocoa splattered all over the floor.

"Sean..she is..she is.." stammered Adel.

"Debbie Ingrid" I said confidently.

"Debbie why did you.." started Adel but she was interrupted by Sean.

"Debbie Ingrid? I thought you were murdered three years ago!" said Sean

"Stop it Sean!" shouted Adel.

"Wait wait..Was I murdered? It was not an accident?" I said

"Nothing like that dear. Don't worry about the nonsense he talks. Come on, let me get you home." said Adel but I wasn't convinced.

"Could you tell me what is happening?" I shouted outraged. Both Adel and Sean were startled. "Do you think something will happen to me if I come to know the truth? Seriously you guys are annoying. One day I am going to die out of frustration." I said and Adel broke out into tears.

"I am sorry Debbie. I know how you feel but I promised Luke that I wouldn't tell you anything. I am really sorry." said Adel wailing. I felt remorseful. I looked at Sean but he was no longer there. He ran out of the door and I chased him.

"Sean.. wait"  I said and he stopped without turning back.

"All the media said, that it was an accident. How come you say that it was a murder?" I said. He turned towards me with a baffled expression on his face.

"Sorry Debbie, I shouldn't have asked such a question. Actually I work part time in the journal section of a library . I read about your case in the news and found something mysterious behind it. I just assumed that you were murdered. So it might not be the truth. Don't think about it." said Sean hassled.

"Which library do you work?" I said.

"Marylebone libra..Oh! Curse me! I shouldn't have said that. Forget it. I have some important work so I am leaving. See you later Debbie." Sean waved at me and strode away, consternated.

"Luke is going to kill me" muttered Sean .

                                                             ******************************

If I get to see Sean again, he was likely to be dead in my hands. If you want to tell something to someone, you must tell it clearly or else not utter a word about it. Inducing curiosity about something into someone and then completely ignoring the subject could kill anyone.

Further Luke. Because of him I get to live a life where everyone knows about me more than I knew. I tried to think and revive my memories but nothing came to my head except a head ache. I ruffled my newly cut hair out of anxiety. Suddenly a path was lit before me.

A car key hung on the key holder next to the main door. Luke was a celebrity so naturally he would have two cars. If Luke took one in the morning, the other must be standing in the garage! And that car would take me to the Marylebone library! With utmost enthusiasm, I picked the car key and my wallet and left to the garage.

There were more than twenty five cars parked in the garage. I had never seen Luke's car before then. I unlocked the car with the remote and blue Volkswagen winked at me. Only one head light worked. As it was morning that wasn't a problem.

I got inside and started the car. Since I had not driven a car for three years, I forgot what to do after starting a car.

I raised the accelerator and instead of moving forward, the car swiftly moved backward. Only then I realized that the car was in reverse gear. Before I could change the gear, the car hit the garage wall with heavy force and then BOOM! I passed out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. I made a very small chapter this time because the story is about to take a new dimension from here. You would see it soon...

Thank you for reading.