Damsel in distress

"Ahhhh......" I screamed, with my throat at stake. I was quite sure I was screaming enough for my lungs to inflate but what my ears heard was a sound resembling a pathetic seal crying from the bottom of a well.

I woke up from the bed gasping. Looking around, I felt quite embarrassed for yelling in a dream. My head felt like it came to a rest after traveling eternally in hyperspace, nonetheless delirium became an uninvited company.

A set of tubes like hose pipes were connected to my arm . As I ripped it off, black spots floated before my eyes. The floor was carpeted. I placed my foot on the floor and tried to stand up. My legs weren't able to support the full weight of my body and I fell down with a thud. Pangs of agony shot up my body, yet I didn't give up.

I found a couch in the room towards which I crawled. With the support of the couch I got up and perched myself in a not-so-gracious way and stretched my jumper down my waist. My hand felt sore from the injection and my limbs ached like hell.

I wasn't able to remember anything about this house or why I had an injection on my hand. Actually I didn't remember anything except my name, which was 'Debbie Ingrid'

I looked around the room and found one thing in common- everything in the room were blue. The doors, window frame, bed, pillows, couch, table, flower vase, and even the flowers in the flower vase were blue. The blue color of the room gave me comfort. Someone who knew well about me must've designed the room.

I found a mobile on the blue table. I unlocked it and found a lengthy list of contacts. But I didn't know whom to call or what to say. So getting out was the only choice.

There was a walking stick leaning on the table. I staggered towards the stick and held it firm. With the support of the stick, I walked out of the room.

I opened the room's door and it led to the living room. The living room was enormous with walls of light red and furniture of crimson. The television was huge along with entertainment system. The chandelier on the ceiling was intricate and it glowed brilliantly though the lights were off.

To the left of the living room, there was another room. I thought someone might be in there and opened the door. To my dismay, the room was empty. The room was just like mine but instead of blue, this room was in black and white color combination.

On further exploration, I found the dining room and kitchen on the other side of the living room. The dining room had a round table made of teak wood, containing dishes, silverware, candles and fresh tulips. Next to the dining room was an exquisite modular kitchen. The colors crimson and silver were used alternatively.

Connecting the dining room and the kitchen was a bench, like the ones used in taverns to serve drinks. Over the bench, vine glasses hung upside down elegantly. Thinking that I belonged to such a prodigal household made me feel proud.

My stomach was grumbling and so I went on a food hunt in the enormous kitchen.My mouth was dry, so I expected a juicy and a spicy snack. But the things I found were- Oats, cereals, milk, digestive and multi grain biscuits. This annoyed me.

I recalled seeing a wallet in the black and white room. Hopping there I picked the wallet. It was so heavy so I didn't even open it. I rushed towards the main door and through the window, I found that it was snowing outside. I wasn't able to remember what month or year I lived in.

There was a small monthly sheet on the living room table and through that I found it was December of twenty sixteen. I didn't remember anything that happened in twenty sixteen!

Next to the main door, stood a coat hanger, which had a black coat, a hat and a glove. It looked like someone already knew my condition and arranged everything for me. I covered my messy hair with the hat. After wearing the coat and the gloves, I opened the main door.