The Killer's Protector

"Enough Dell. Please stop this. We'll forgive you. Put the gun down and come back. We'll live as a family again." said Luke trying to convince Della.

"Sorry Luke. It's too late" said Della

There was a sound of a gun shot and Zeev lay on the road, holding his shoulder. Simultaneously, Debbie also fell on the road.

Everyone looked at Della with despise, but they realized that it was not her who shot. She was just holding the pistol with a petrified look on her face. Behind her, at the end of the bridge, stood a man holding a rifle. He was dressed in black, wearing a mask. He looked like a man in his fifties with white hair spreading in his temples amidst black hair. Zack snatched the gun from Della and shot exactly at the man's forearm with which he held the rifle.

The man dropped the rifle and gave a anguished cry. Before he could think about escaping, Stan dragged him by his collar and pushed him to the ground. The old man fell, with his face on the road. Zack removed his mask and yelped.

"I've seen you somewhere. Who are you?" said Zack with a shivering voice.

"I was the one who made you both homeless, though you had a home" smirked the man. Stan pulled the man's collar and found the symbol of a black hawk at the bottom of his neck.

"You killed my parents and now you want to kill my brother? Why are you after my family?" said Zack

"Your family is destined to die in my hands. Even the girl who was about to enter your family is lying dead, because of me." said the man

"I'm not dead idiot" said Debbie, getting up from the road and brushing off dirt from her clothes.

"You..you..How come you are alive?" said the man, dumbstruck.

"With little help from Della" said Della coolly. Debbie removed her coat and revealed a bullet-proof vest under it.

"Traitor! I knew you would side with them one day! I must've killed you first." said the man, grudgingly at Della.

"I was always on their side" said Della, helping Debbie up. Debbie smiled back like she was expecting whatever that happened.

"What's going on?" said Zack, perplexed.

"I'll tell everything" said Zeev, holding his bleeding shoulder, "Della show them".

Della took her mobile and played the black hawk video, that was taken three years before by Zack. On watching the video, they realized that the man who was shot by the black hawk in the video was the one who shot Zeev and Debbie just then. The man on the ground began laughing madly.

"Are you going to surrender young man? Oh! What a noble heart!" said the man.

"Yes, I'm going to surrender" said Zeev. He closed his eyes for a moment.

"The murderer in the video was not a black hawk. It was me." said Zeev

"That's impossible. I was the one who took the video." said Zack

"You were very far. I harmed him fatally and didn't kill him because I saw you taking video." said Zeev

"But why?" yelled Zack, " I grew up among the black hawks. Even I didn't want to kill him. What made you do this?" said Zack, disappointed.

"Sorry Zack. The day when I came to know through you that he was the murderer, I couldn't sleep for weeks. The miserable days in my childhood after our parents death kept repeating in my head, which turned me into a monster. I dressed in your clothes and went to the black hawk's headquarters to kill him." said Zeev