Zeev

With a firm foot on the accelerator, and hands fixed on the steering I was driving a car at a speed beyond the city limit. I had no idea where I was, or why I was driving like that, but I maintained the same speed. On reaching a intersection, a car came uncontrollably fast from the left. I tried to hit the brake but I was too late. I hit the car and it drifted away.

Traumatized by the nightmare, I woke up startled. As expected, I found myself  inside Debbie's body once again. It was suffocating as Debbie's mouth was gagged. My limbs felt numb as they were also tied with a rope. The place was dark and confined, which made me claustrophobic. I took a trip down the memory lane and found that Debbie was kidnapped. I realized that I was inside the boot of a vehicle.

I was able to peep out through the window above the boot. The vehicle seemed to be stuck in traffic. It drove past a familiar lane of enormous white buildings. I recognized it was Piccadilly on reaching the Piccadilly circus. Then the vehicle drove beyond Piccadilly, towards Soho.

The downtown of Soho was made up of stupendous, uniform white buildings. The color of the buildings changed from white to yellow and then to brown. The vehicle took many narrow streets and finally stopped before a building which was under construction.

The kidnappers got down the vehicle and  walked towards the boot. The trunk was opened and stood before me were two men dressed in black, wearing masks. One pointed a pistol at me and the other dragged me down the vehicle, towards the building. Not even a soul was found in the locality other than us.

The building had two floors. They dragged me to the first floor and pushed me on the floor. My forehead was bruised and blood flowed below my chin. I had no idea why someone must hold Debbie captive and treat her brutally. My blood began to boil. I wanted to beat up those two men, but the pistol held towards my head prevented me from doing so. I promised Debbie that I would save her, so I waited patiently.

The man who dragged me stripped the plaster from my mouth.

"Give me your mobile" said the man, gesturing me to hand it over to him. I took Debbie's mobile from her pocket and gave it to him. He searched for something in her mobile. He was annoyed and threw the mobile at my face. Fortunately, I ducked. He snatched the pistol from the other guy and pointed it at my head.

"Do you wanna die? Where's the proof?" said the man, perturbed.

"What proof?" I said

"Go to hell" said the man pulling the slide of the pistol. I was scared that I would not be able to fulfill the promise that I made to Debbie.

"Marc, don't hurry. Let's ask Zack before doing anything." said the other guy, and Marc agreed as he lowered his pistol.

"Call him"  said Marc.

The other guy went ten meters away and made a call. He came back after five minutes.

"What did he say?" said Marc

"Finish her off, if she doesn't have it" said the other guy and Marc turned towards me.

"I'll ask you for the last time. Where is the proof?" said Marc

"I don't have the least idea of it" I said and Marc pointed the gun at my head. I just stared back at him with a hope that he would change his mind. I wouldn't have bothered if it was my life. Since Debbie's life was also vulnerable at that point, various emotions began to stir up inside my mind.

He pulled the trigger and shot.

I thought I was dead, but unexpectedly the bullet was on the other guy's shoulder, and he was on the ground in excruciating pain. Behind Marc, stood Stan, who pushed the pistol when Marc shot at me. Marc was petrified and he pointed the pistol at Stan but before he could shoot, Stan knocked him out and seized the pistol.