Debbie

Hearing the word 'Brother' I embraced him. I felt insecure struggling alone in the sea of peculiarity. I was searching for something to define me and there it stood in front of me. I didn't care about people staring at us. I felt like finally I could rest in peace. He also looked relieved on finding me and embraced me back.

People were still staring at us.

If I am going to live in this neighborhood I don't want these people to think us as a couple

I whipped around and cleared my throat,"Sorry guys. I just got over delighted on meeting my brother after a long time. Please continue your work."

They seemed convinced as they nodded their heads in approval. He grabbed my weak and sore wrist."Come on Debs. Let's go home" he said and dragged me out of the shop.

He unlocked the door with the pin number. Without considering my weak legs, he dragged me back to the black and white room. He gave me only a glass of water and medicine after spilling my two pound worth food.

"I'm really sorry for behaving so rude Debs. I just did it out of concern" said Luke.

"Out of concern? Where did you learn that shoving food out of a kid's hand is concern? It is an unforgivable offense!" I rebelled.

"Debbie if you had eaten that burger in this state, it could've killed you!"

I was already confused to the core and this confused me even more.

"In what state? And how a burger could kill me?" I demanded.

He rolled his eyes in all direction like he was caught red handed, and immediately changed the subject,"Well, you have lost your memory, right?"

"Completely" I said

"Then let's recall all the details from the beginning. What is your name?" questioned Luke

"Debbie Ingrid"

"What is your age?"

"Eighteen?"

"Not even in your dream. You are twenty four." said Luke

I was flustered,"Twenty four! When did I get so old?" I said

"That doesn't matter. People who forget everything by circumstances, tend to forget their face. Do you remember it?"

"That's the only proper question you've asked. I didn't see my face after waking up. How do I look?" I said

"See it for yourself", said Luke giving a mirror

It was the first time I saw my face after waking up. I looked into the mirror with high expectations but ended up dejected. My shiny hazel eyes were inside eye sockets, covered by dark circles! My hair was a perfect mess and few acne were peeping out on my face. I was heart broken.

"Do I always look like this?" I said

"You look better now Debs" smirked Luke.

I threw the mirror at him and he dodged it away.

"What is your age?" I said

"How much do you think?" said Luke, cooking an eyebrow.

"If I am twenty four, so you must be minimum thirty" I guessed

The smirk in his face was wiped off clean, which for some reason made me happy.

"I am just twenty seven" said Luke.

I was astounded.

"You're twenty seven but you look younger than me!" I retorted