Game of the Nemesis

Zeev opened his eyes with great difficulty as the bandage was wound tight around his head. The room was illuminated in dull lights. He was lying on a bed with two people arguing above him, who were obviously Zack and Stan.

"You shouldn't have hit him so hard" yelled Zack at Stan.

"If I hadn't done that, he would've killed you Zack!" said Stan

"He's my brother Stan. You've been with him for three years. Don't you know about him?"

"He was desperate! He would've done anything!" exclaimed Stan

They both froze on seeing Zeev waking up from the bed.

"Zeev, are you alright?" said Stan, placing his hand on Zeev's forehead. Zeev immediately pushed it away.

"Zeev I'm sorry" said Stan, but Zeev didn't listen to him. He got down the bed, and took a step towards Zack . Zack was flustered on seeing his furiousness, and took a step back. Zeev went near to him, brandishing his fists. Zack stood still.

"Zeev please listen to me. You have a wrong perception of everything. Let me clear it for you." pleaded Zack. Zeev raised his fist and Zack closed his eyes. But what Zeev did, surprised both Zack and Stan. He threw his arms around Zack's neck and embraced him, crying on his shoulders like a child longing for love and affection. Zack comforted him.

"I'm a coward. I'm not brave enough to save Debbie. I'm not brave enough to live with my brother. Even now, I'm crying like a coward." mourned Zeev. Zack wiped the tears from Zeev's face.

"No Zeev. You were the bravest kid I ever saw. When our parents abandoned us in the orphanage, you accepted a new life there. When I abandoned you at the orphanage, you accepted that too. Believe me, men who cry are the most bravest. They are courageous to express their feelings." said Zack, running a hand through Zeev's hair.

"You've become so tall. Next time I would need a ladder to pat on your head." chortled Zack. Zeev smiled faintly.

"Why did you abandon me? Was I a nuisance to you?" said Zeev

"After our parents were murdered by the black hawks, you were my only family. It was very difficult for me to abandon you. But the rage inside me to avenge our parents' death made me run away from the orphanage. Then I joined the black hawks at the age of fifteen. They were ready to accept abandoned children. They gave me food, clothes, place to live and even paid for my school and college tuition fee, so that I would live like a normal citizen.

When I completed my studies, I adopted you from the orphanage and made you live with my friend Austin, who owned the After night club at Reading. It was after that, I joined the Westminster Times. I wanted to carry out my revenge by law. Stan, who served in the army, gave a hand by collecting evidences against the black hawks.

Then I met Debbie, who was the most daring reporter I had ever met. I explained my situation and she accepted to help me. She and Della helped us to win the case against the black hawks. Since I was also a black hawk, it was not safe for me around here, so Stan took care of you and I went into hiding.

I must accept, Stan taught you very well to defend yourself. I saw the way how you fought the kidnappers . You made me proud Zeev. " said Zack

"If Debbie was your friend, why did you kidnap her, and why did he save her?" said Zeev, pointing at Stan.

"We both knew Debbie was strong to handle such situations, so using her we created a trap" said Stan.

"Trap? Whom you were luring into your trap?" said Zeev

"Della Johnson" said Zack and Stan together. Zeev was taken aback.

"Wait. You knew Della was alive?" said Zeev

"My boy. She was the Nemesis who planned the game. She would get caught, if Debbie spills out the truth. She felt insecure, and that's why she revealed that she was alive.." said Stan

"I don't get it" said Zeev

"Zeev, do you think Debbie was intimidated and Della was innocent? No, they were not. Debbie was not intimidated and Della was not innocent." said Zack

____________________

Friendship between Debbie Ingrid and Della Johnson, was like the one that was decorated in history by the antique words of writers and poets. People thought highly of their relationship, even Debbie thought the same. But Della was quite different . She occasionally expressed what she actually felt. Her other expressions were artificial. Debbie knew this, but she didn't tell anything about her, as she knew Della was never like that before.

It started on the day when Mr. Henry Johnson, Della's father announced publicly that the Westminster Times would be passed down to Debbie after his death, instead of his own daughter. Della acted like she was quite pleased with it, as she didn't want to carry the burden of ownership. But on the inside, hatred and inferiority grew within Della, which blinded her. Debbie, who could see through her friend apparently, waited for the right time to renounce her right of inheritance for Della.

Della was delighted to see Debbie engaging herself in the black hawks' case, while the others in WT were concerned about Debbie's life. She diverted Debbie from her work, in the namesake of partying. Debbie was surprised, and thought she could seal up the crack, that was developed in their relationship. In the meantime, Della collected all the evidences from Debbie's system.

The next day when Debbie received the threat, she was hundred percent sure that it was not from the black hawks. Following the black hawks for a year, she never heard of a case where the black hawks gave warning before killing their target, as warnings would easily give away their identity. And she didn't forget the fact that except her and Della, no one had the video. As she had no memory of creating a threat for herself, naturally she concluded, Della was planning something that Debbie wouldn't even dream of.

If any third person was planning to kill her, it would've been a piece of cake for Debbie. But Debbie's heart was shattered on knowing that the person who held her back was going to stab her back. She sought Zack for help, and he gave her refuge.

The next day was the judgement on the case of black hawks, so it was indispensable for Debbie to be present at the court. Zack offered to escort Debbie to the court but she refused, as she had blind faith on her friend. So she called Della to pick her up from Zack's house.

Della picked up Debbie, and they hit the road to the supreme court, from Greenwich. They took the only highway, A200. Zack and Zeev followed them in case Della showed her true colors. As both the cars drove on the A200, with enough space in between, a black Skoda followed Debbie's car. Zeev who was driving, tried to push the Skoda out of course. The other car also did the same.

Finally on reaching Deptford, they parted ways as the Skoda drove out of course. Zeev kept following Debbie. They drove without any interruption for another four miles. On reaching the tower bridge road, unexpectedly the Skoda which followed them earlier, came in a blinding speed from their left and hit the boot of Debbie's car. The car drifted, and to their astonishment, Della jumped out of her car and escaped in the Skoda.

Zeev, who came in high speed, wasn't able to control the speed of his wagon. It directly clashed with Debbie's car.

The car, along with Debbie, rolled on a slope and fell into the Thames. Zeev immediately got out of his wagon, and jumped into the Thames from the Tower Bridge, without giving a second thought.

Both of them never came out of the river.

---------------------------------------------------------------