Chapter 7

SHERLYN

May 23, 2014. The first day of summer break. I could feel it.

After saying goodbyes to our senior high school year, with a load full of crying, everything felt warmer. Better. I could hear the waves of the California beaches crashing on the sand. The rays of the sun getting hotter. Freedom is starting.

"Can you believe it's summer?" Jackie exclaimed as she jumped. Jackie decided to walk home with me since Kyle was invited by his friends to a pizza parlor. Knowing Jackie, she's not comfortable being with his friends.

"I know!" I grinned widely. "I can't wait and read more JB fan-fics all night!" I joked. Jackie hit my arm playfully, but it still was hurting. "What was that for?" I asked as I rubbed my arm with my palm. Jackie's slap on the arm wasn't as playful as you think it is. She'll slap you, hard.

"That's not a good way to start summer break." Jackie said. "Let's do something fun!" She smiled at me.

"Like what?" I asked, still rubbing the spot where Jackie hit me.

"The ice rink!" She smiled. "It's been a long time since we went there." She suggested.

"You want us to ice rink in this skirt?" I asked, showing her the skirt that I wore to school today. "Do you know how freezing cold it would be? We don't even have a jacket!"

"Relax. I was saying that we should change first then go to the ice rink. Since there are still a lot of people there." Jackie said. I was silent for a brief second.

"Sure." I agreed. "But I'm still wearing my skater skirt." I said. I loved my black skater skirt. It had this style that made it looked cute. It also matched the ankle booties I was wearing.

"Whatever." She said.

We then started to have another deep conversation as we walked. It was nice that I could talk to someone like that. It removed some of the weight off my shoulders.

"Still dreaming about being JB's girlfriend?" Jackie asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Yes!" I answered immediately. I heard Jackie chuckled. "Hey, dreams can come true." I snapped.

Jackie wasn't a true Justin Bieber fan like me. She only likes his songs, but that's it. I was shocked when she didn't think he was perfect. I mean, have you seen him before? He was like and angel.

"I still can't get over the fact that Chad wanted you back." Jackie said honestly.

"I know! He has the nerves to do that after he broke my heart?" I said angrily, recalling the scene that Chad did at school a week ago. "Him and Peyton are good together. Dirty, heartbreaking assholes." I grinned at Jackie. Jackie and I laughed, as the thought of them being together.

"Sherlyn, I'm sorry." Chad said at the middle of the hallway. "I wasn't supposed to break up with you. I love you."

"Save it." I snapped angrily at him. "You broke my heart once, it won't happen twice." I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

"I promise, I won't break your heart." He said. "I want you back."

"You want me back?" I scoffed, as I rolled my eyes. "In your dreams." I said, walking past him.

He then grabbed my wrist making me stop from my tracks. Holding both my wrists, he then was down on his knees and looked up at me. People then started to look at us and chattered. Even though I was being looked at, I felt like a queen since Chad was on his knees.

"Sherlyn, I'm sorry. I can't live without you. Please come back to me." He pleaded. I would have been really nice and accept him again. But then again...