Chapter 74

To start, allow me to apologize for the super long wait!!! A lot of people have been motivating me to get my fingers flying across my keyboard and write the next chapter. Thank you so much for getting me back into action!!!

Now, this chapter need a little explaining. In the chapter before, you were knocked out by a "monster." What you will read in this chapter is your dream or vision, I should say. Next, you'll hopefully start understanding those small bits that seemed to stick out in this story. Finally, this chapter does follow a few of the events in past issues. These comics, #230 through #235, may need to be reread before reading this chapter. Here is a link to a site where you can read them: Read Comics Online.

So, let us begin.

        "Something to keep in mind, (Y/N)," the princess began. "You need to know your team; their strengths, their flaws, anything that can affect the outcome."

        You wrote what she said in pristine notes on your tablet. "Ya mean like how Tails can hack things? Or how unpredictable Sonic is?" You asked.

        "Exactly. You're getting the hang of this (Y/N). You'll be a great leader someday."

        Another vision appeared. This time, you were learning from Bunnie. Continuing your notes, you listened to everything she said.

        "Good can come from anything, Sugah. When ah got these robotic limbs, ah thought everything was over for me. Now, ah'm an important freedom fighter with a husband. Ah couldn't see my life in any other way."

        You wrote her advice down with a smile on your face.

        Another vision, this one of you and Sonic. The two of you were walking down the streets of the busy city. You recalled that it was made of nanites by Nicole.

        "Ya see, (Y/N), a battle can end in an unexpected way. When you think everything is over, anything can happen. Never let you guard down, stay on your feet, and don't give up until it's the very end. You never know what might happen."

        "Got it, thanks Sonic." You said as you finished your notes.

        "No problem, kid. When you get your own team, we gotta make sure they are as good as us, right?"

        Those visions ended. Leaving you to think in black space. The visions......they weren't just fantasies. They had actually happened, but you didn't remember them ever occurring. When did these events take place? Suddenly, you recalled more. More visions flashed before you.

        You were sitting on the wing with Tails, waiting for Sonic and Sally to end Dr. Eggman's plot once again on the Death Egg. As you waited, you suddenly felt a surge of disorientation go through you. You and Tails looked at each other in confusion. Shrugging it off, you continued to wait for your friends. Time seemed to tick by longer than you thought it would. Suddenly, there was an explosion near the back of the Death Egg. Tails flew the plane towards the smoldering ruins, waiting from the freedom fighters to return. Sadly, only Sonic escaped.

        The hedgehog was flung out of the floating fortress. With a rough landing upon the Tornado, he clutched his arm with tattered gloves, ruined shoes, and an angry expression.

        With a short cough, the hedgehog said, "Thanks for the save."

        "Sure," Tails replied, "but what's going on? Where's Sally?"

        There was nothing but silence from him. This was uncommon for him, making both you and Tails worried.

        "Sonic, what's wrong?" you asked with concern.