New Years' Kiss: Jake

Your POV
I was getting ready for a masquerade ball at my friend's house. I was going with my boyfriend, Justin, and, hopefully, we share a New Years' kiss. My outfit was going to bring down the house.

As I was putting on my makeup, Justin called me and told me that he would be there in five minutes

As I was putting on my makeup, Justin called me and told me that he would be there in five minutes. I finished off what I could and grabbed my purse. I made sure I had everything before walking out and seeing Justin already pulled up in front.
"Hello m'lady," he says taking my hand and kissing it. I giggle and start blushing. He was dressed like a cowboy and he really went all out.
"You're too sweet," I say.
"I try," he responds. I roll my eyes playfully and climb in the car.

We were turnt the whole car ride and we went our separate ways when we got to the party. He went with his friends and I went with mine.
"Hey girl," y/f/n (the one that's throwing the party) greets you.
"Hey girl," I reply cheerfully.
"Ready to get down?"
"Heeelll yeeeaaahhh! Let's go dance!"

The next few hours were filled with dancing and good times. Then, the time came.

11:50
"Justin!" I shouted over the music. I couldn't find him anywhere. Where the hell is he?
I find him the kitchen and he was as drunk as hell. He was stumbling and laughing like a maniac.
"Justin what is wrong with you?!" I asked furious.
"I'm having fun, babe," he slurs.
"Why did you drink so much?"
"Because it's New Years and I can do whatever the hell I want. Live a little, y/n."
"I can't live knowing that my boyfriend is wasted!"
"Y/N, I'm a grown man and I can do what I want. Stop worrying so much about me and worry about yourself for once."
"I'm doing this because I care about you."
"Stop caring so much damn. Hop off my d*ck."
"Maybe I will, a**hat!" I shout at him and run away. I find a corner and cry in it.

"Are you okay?" I hear someone ask me. I look up and this guy in an average suit and tie with a black mask on was looking down at me.
"Yeah," I sniffle wiping my tears. "I'm fine."
"You need a hand?" he extends his hand and I take it. He helps me up and I wipe my tears some more. I'm so glad I'm wearing a mask because my makeup must look horrible.
"Thank you," I say to him.
"HEY EVERYONE!" someone yells. "IT'S 11:59!"
Everyone scrambles to find their patterns and I just stand there awkwardly.
"No one special in your life?" the guy asks me.
"Not really," I reply. "I just got into a fight with my boyfriend and I don't know."
"Well don't let him ruin your new year," he says and I smile.
"Ten!"
"Nine!"
"You?" I ask.
"Nope." he responds.
"Six!"
"Five!"
"Four!"
"Three!"
"Two!"
"One!"
"Happy New Year!"

The guy and I look at each other.
"May I?" he asks shyly.
"Sure," I replied nervously. We lean in and our lips connected. His were so soft and I felt time stop. We disconnected and just stared at each other. We lean back in and it was more passionate.
"That was great," I comment after and we just laugh.
"Everyone take off your masks!"
They guy and I take off our masks and my smile instantly dropped when I saw the person I had kissed.
"Jake?!"
"Y/N?!"
"Oh my gosh!" we yell at the same time.
"I haven't seen you in forever!" he exclaims.
"Wow this party just got very weird fast," I say in shock.
"I kissed my best friend?! Ew!" we both exclaimed.

Jake and I have known each other since preschool and have been friends ever since then.
"What a way to start 2017!" I say trying to lighten the situation.
"Yeah," Jake said chuckling. "Let's get out of here."
"Yeah."
Jake and I hear towards the door.
"Where to?" I ask.
"Where do you wanna go?" Jake asks back.
"Anywhere. I don't mind."
"Anywhere it is!"
I giggle and Jake steps on the gas.

We rode around for a while before Jake took me home. I didn't get home till three. Jake and I were having too much fun. We caught up on a lot.
"I'm glad you had fun and f*ck your ex man," Jake says. "He's nothing."
"Thanks Jake," I respond laughing. "We need to hang out more."
"For sure."
"Thank you so much."
"No problem."

I grin at him and he grins back at me.
"See you around," I say and climb out the car.
What is wrong with me? I wonder. That's my best friend!
Stranger things have happened, though. I just hope things aren't awkward between us now.

Jake's POV
I knew that was y/n under the mask. I recognized her cry when I heard it. I'm shocked that she didn't recognize me. I guess it was the mask. We kissed and it felt great. I really like her, but she never knew that. I hope she doesn't look at me any different.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Merry New Years Eve! It's not even 2017 yet for me🙄🤘🏽 but hopefully it's better than 2016. I hope you guys start the year off right and I hope it goes well for you. More to come from me in the future😘

P.S. I wrote all of this today🤘🏽

~Kayla😜♐️🦄