ALEX KILLORN

I stared down at the three positive pregnancy tests that sat on the bathroom counter

I stared down at the three positive pregnancy tests that sat on the bathroom counter. I've known for almost two weeks. A smile broke out across my face, but quickly disappeared when I heard Alex come in. "Babe, I'm home!" He called as I quickly grabbed the tests and shoved them back in the drawer. Now wasn't the right time to tell him, the playoffs had just begun and he needed to focus on hockey, not me.

I went downstairs and greeted Alex with a hug and a kiss. "How was practice?" I asked, trying to be as normal as possible, but it didn't seem to work.

"Fine, what's got you all smiley?" Alex asked, looking at me suspiciously.

"Nothing, I just missed you." I replied, trying to convince him.

"I was only gone for a few hours." He didn't seem to be buying it, at all.

"What? I can't miss my boyfriend?" I wrapped my arms around his neck, making me seem more convincing.

"Whatever you say, Shannan." He chuckled and pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"Go take a shower." I shook my head as a grin found its way onto my lips and pushed Alex towards the stairs.

"Do I have to?" He wined, acting like a five year old as he slowly headed for the staircase.

"Yes, you stink."

"Offensive!" Alex cried, stopping to look at me with a fake hurt expression.

"Your smell is offensive, now go!"

"Fine." He huffed, finally giving in and going upstairs.

I took that time to drag his hockey bag into the laundry room. I was glad hockey season was almost over so I could wash the bag. The stench was almost strong enough to make your eyes water and Alex wouldn't let me wash it until the season was over, he said it was good luck or something.

I took all of his clothes out and started a load of laundry. There were clothes in there I hadn't seen it weeks. It was gross to say the least.

I walked out to the living room to see Alex holding the pregnancy tests in his hand and an upset look on his face, making my stomach drop. "How long have you known?" He asked, holding up the sticks. I couldn't tell how he was feeling, but it definitely wasn't happy.

"About two weeks." I whispered, looking down at the hardwood floor.

"Two weeks? And you didn't tell me? It's my child too, Shannan. I have a right to know!" The more he went on, the angrier he got.

"I know, I'm sorry, it's just-" I started, tears welling in my eyes.

"Just what? It's not mine? That'd make a whole lot of sense! If another guy got you pregnant you could've at least hid the evidence a little better!" Alex paced back and forth in front of me, continuing to yell.

"Alex, I didn't cheat on you. This baby is yours, I swear." I took a few steps towards him to try and get him to calm down, but he pushed passed me and moved to another part of the room.

"You're making that really hard to believe right now." He grumbled.

"Baby, please," The tears fell down my cheeks and crashed on the floor. "this child is yours, ours. We can even get a paternity test, anything to tell you I didn't cheat on you." I pleaded. Alex had this hurt look in his eyes, telling me far more than the angry words coming out of his mouth.

"Then why didn't you tell me? Did you think I was going to leave you? Did you think I wouldn't want it? What was going on in your head that you decided to hide it from me?" Alex asked, lowering his voice a little.

"No, of course not. I never wanted you to find out this way. I wanted to tell you after the playoffs. You need to focus on hockey, not me. I know how much you want this and telling you now would only ruin it." His face softened and his body relaxed. Alex stepped closer to me and wiped my tears.

"Baby, it wouldn't ruin anything. It only makes it better. I'm sorry for getting so upset." He said, rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb.

"I'm sorry for not telling you." I wrapped my arms around around his torso and pressed my face against his chest. "I love you, Alex." I said, muffled by his shirt.

"I love you too, Shannan, and I love our baby."
____________
This one was for @LITTLE_MIXER
I hope you enjoyed it Shannan!