Four

Ashley's POV

I walked towards my car and he followed me causally. I didn't want him anywhere near me but Dad practically pleaded and I can't say no to him. Being around David is making me nervous and uncomfortable at the same time. I'm restless around him and it is irritating me.

"Do you have a car?" He nodded "Then flow me in it. I'll drive slow."

"No I'll come with you. I don't trust you. You'll loose me intentionally and then make up some excuse."

"What? You're insane. I'm not a kid. I'll drive slowly and you can flow me. There is no need to ride together."

"Look, we can stand here and argue all you want but I'm riding with you. I'll take care of my car later."

I groaned and unlocked the car. As soon as he heard the click he jumped into the passenger seat. I got in the driver's seat and stared the car. I could feel him grinning but I didn't look at him.

"You don't have any siblings, do you?" He asked trying to cut the silence but I ignored. I liked the silence but he doesn't which meant he won't give up "I've a sister and she has the cutest pair of twins. They always-"

"I didn't ask you"

"I'm making conversation. The silence was too quiet."

"That is the whole point of it. I like quiet."

"I was just making conversation. Getting to know you better since we're going to be working together."

"I've read your file. I know everything I'm supposed to know. Anything other than that is useless information."

"No information is useless. Maybe it would help you connect to my work on a better level if you knew things about my personal life. It'll make us working together better."

I looked at him "Your personal life has no significance to me. I connect okay. I don't want to get more involved than I already have to. I request the same from you."

I knew he wanted to say something but he didn't and I'm thankful for that. I don't want to have this conversation with him or any conversation for that matter.

I pulled into my parent's mansion and heard David gasp. I understand the surprise. They've a pretty big house. My mom's Dad gave it to him after he died. My mother grew up in this house and so did I for most of my life.

"It is a mansion. A freaking fairy tale crap mansion. How rich are you?" David turned and asked me.

"It is my parent's, not mine."

"You don't live here?"

"No"

"Why? I would want to live here."

I didn't reply, just shook my head. He is relentless. He can't stop or have any sense of regard to a person's privacy.

"Where do you live then?" He asked again.

"It is none of your business."

He raised his hands in the air "Now you're being grumpy. I'll keep quiet."

We got out of the car and walked upto the door. I rang the bell and then opened it. David stood next to me and was gawking the house like a kid in a candy store.

I saw my mother walking towards me with her contagious smile and my dad following behind. My mom gave me a big hug before pulling away to examine me. She does this all the time.

"You must be the charming architect my husband was talking about. I heard you knew Ashley, it is great to meet one of her friends."

"David Vince, ma'am" he offered his hand but my mother hugged him instead.