Fifty One

Ashley's POV

"Where are the pancakes?" I asked as I searched the kitchen.

"What pancakes?" David asked looking up from his laptop.

"The one's from the morning"

"Oh. Those. I ate them"

"Why? I brought them from Jesse's diner specially for myself. They're the softest pancakes in the world."

"I know. They were amazing" he said blowing me a kiss.

"I'm gonna kill you" I said and threw a spoon at him.

He dogged the spoon "Careful, lady. You could've killed me"

I went and threw myself next to him "You deserve it" I eyed him

He raised his hand in surrender "you do realise it is not breakfast time?"

"You can have pancakes anytime of day"

"Okay, let's make a deal. Tonight, you order pizza but tomorrow I'll wake up super early and get you those pancakes." He gave me a big grin

"You promise?"

He actioned crossing his heart. I nodded and picked up the phone to order myself a pizza.

"I'm gonna go and change" David said and got up.

It's been almost two months since the day in prison. We've had long chats and luckily we're in better place now. David is still a little concerned and sometimes on his toes worried sick for me but he's getting a much better hold of it.

"You sure you don't want to tag along?" David asked. He changed into a simple white shirt with sleeves rolled up and denim. It was causal yet super hot.

"No. Look, I know you and Layla haven't seen Rafael in a long time and now that he's here, you guys need some sibling time. We already had dinner the other night. You children have fun at your sleepover" I joked

He chuckled. He came over and gave me a kiss.

"Not a sleepover. I'll be back. Be safe"

I nodded. Rafael is in town for couple of days before he leaves for his next big adventure so David, Layla and Rafael are meeting at Layla's house and doing some catching up since Eric took the kids to meet their grandparents.

I took my pizza and a bottle of bear and sat in front of the television. I was extremely hungry. I hadn't eaten anything sufficient since morning.

I placed my plate in the sink and walked to the dining table to get a class of water when I saw an envelope sitting there.

It was from Aaron's lawyer. I sighed and pulled a chair to sit and see what was in it.

I took out the letter to read. I saw the writing and instantly knew the writer.

Dear Ashley,

It's all yours. I'm done.

Aaron

I kept the letter aside and opened the papers. I read the papers carefully to know what has he given me. I was shocked, stunned. It was something I least expected, actually never expected.

I was the beneficiary to his estate and everything that's left from his trust fund. I didn't believe what I was reading. I must've read those papers hundred times. He loved his money, why would he just give me everything?

Liam came as soon as possible. He could let I was freaking out a little bit.

"What is this?" I gave the papers and letter to him.