Twenty One

Ashley's POV

I groaned and switch off my buzzing alarm. I wasn't really asleep I was just waiting for the alarm to go off. After my fight with David, I spend the entire weekend sulking in my room. It wasn't the perfect weekend but there were moments I enjoyed it so much.

I got dressed in white blouse with a black skirt accompanied by a black coat. (A/N: Picture of the outfit at the beginning). I grabbed the rest of my stuff and got ready for office. I was locking my door when I saw David hugging a girl by the elevator. I couldn't see the girl but it made me stop in the tracks.

I didn't know why I felt what I felt but it was unsettling. I didn't even knew who the person was yet I was hating her secretly. It was nasty feeling and I disliked it so much. He isn't supposed to be this important but somehow he is and that is worrying to me.

David noticed me and winked which made me drop my files. The papers came out and it was really clumsy of me. He kissed the woman goodbye and walked upto me. I was so busy picking up my scattered papers I didn't saw him holding one of reports and smirking like an idiot.

I snatched the report from his hand and put it back in my file. He knows exactly what to do to get on my nerves.

"You're jealous" he was smiling like a school girl.

"You're delusional"

He tilted his head and gave me smile before speaking "That's not pretty. You know, you get jealous about people you care about. Good to know you care."

I glared at him but he kept smiling. I tried leaving but he blocked me.

"Can't admit, huh? Shocker."

"Not everybody is as jobless as you're to be fooling around on a Monday. Some people have work. Now, get out of my way"

"Really? Fooling around. That's not very mature of you, is it?"

"Get out of my way" I gritted my teeth. I was so pissed and it was only nine in the morning.

I tried to make a break again when he blocked me again "for the record, I'm not jobless. I got big fancy project and for your peace of mind, she's my sister."

I looked up at him and he was smiling knowingly. He wink again before stepping aside and clearing the way for me.

I was in the elevator when I saw him leaning on the wall. Before the elevator closed I heard him say "you look cute." And as the doors of the elevator shut, I smiled.

I rushed to my early meeting. Thanks to David, I was thirty minutes late and the investors were waiting for me.

"You're late. What happened?" Jenny asked handing me my coffee.

"Uh. Alarm didn't go off" I lied and rushed to the conference room.

After the meeting to which I was late and investor were pissed, I was going through my work when Liam called.

Liam - Where are you? You didn't pick up my call yesterday

Ashley - Sleeping. I don't know. Why?

Liam - Nothing. I was just checking on ya. You still in the office?

Ashley - Yeah

Liam - Are you okay?

Ashley - Yes. What's up?

"Why don't you take a walk with me and we can talk?" I heard Liam's voice. He was standing at my door. "Surprise"

"Haha. Funny. Why are you here? Don't you have work?"

"I'm done for the day and I would very much like to spend the day with my best friend. Or atleast a little walk"

"You do that when you think I'm in some kind of trouble."

"That's not true"

"Yes, it is. It's your thing. Anytime you feel or sense or whatever that something is wrong with me, you take me to one of these walks. I said I'm fine."

He sighed "oh come on. Maybe I do that but could just humor me and come with me."

I don't understand how it is humanly possible for him to detect that I'm going through something but he always somehow gets it. He takes me to these long walks that are supposed to mean something. I'm supposed to connect with the nature and find answers, atleast that is what ge expects but I just like these walks because of his company.

"Okay." He smiled.