Bonus Chapter

3 Years Later

David's POV

People always tell you how life doesn't work out the way you think it would and that is true. I don't think I ever planned on falling in love, having a serious relationship, marriage, or even having kids but it all changed when I meet Ashley.

Ashley and I got married a few months after the proposal. It was a small ceremony with only our family members. She already had a big flashy wedding and she didn't want another one. I was happy either way. All I wanted was to marry the love of my life and have a wonderful life together. We've had our share of ups and downs but in the end, it is the person you love the most that matter.

It's been three years since the day she asked me to marry her and we're so much stronger. In the beginning, you keep thinking your relationship is perfect but later in life, you realize it doesn't matter. Some things will always be bigger than your relationship and as long as you stick with each other, it is going to be okay.

I felt a kick on my thigh. I realized I've zoned out at a very important moment. "Yeah?"

"You are daydreaming? Are you kidding me?" My wife glared at me from her hospital bed. She was mad, very mad which made me smile.

She kicked me again "Hey, that hurts" I winced in pain.

"You're smiling. This seems funny to you?" Complained my very pregnant wife who has been in labor for the past three hours.

"Honey, it is going to be okay. You-"

"Shut it" she snapped at me. "Your talking is making it worse."

This was our first pregnancy and we were still adjusting to it.

All of a sudden she started closing her eyes and eventually passed out.

"What-what's happening? Is she okay? Is the baby okay?"

"Mr. Vince, you'll have to wait outside. Please" the nurse requested.

"But my wife-what-"

"We'll take good care of her. Please wait outside. It'll be okay"

I sighed and came out. I wanted to be in there with her desperately but I understand the doctor's concern.

I saw Liam standing with a nurse talking. I walked up to him. He looked up "Shouldn't you be inside?"

"They said they need me out"

"Oh," he dismissed the nurse and gave me a shoulder squeeze "Don't worry. She'll be alright and so will be the baby"

I nodded "Hopefully"

"I'll go check. You wait here"

I sat down on the hospital chair. I was so terrified of all of this. It hasn't been an easy pregnancy. It took us almost a year to get pregnant. Because of her last abortion, Ashley was having difficulty conceiving. We must have visited a thousand doctors because of it.

It was all very hard on Ashley. She felt guilty and insecure about our relationship. She thought I would leave her because we couldn't have our own family. She couldn't have been more wrong. I was disheartened about the fact that we may never have a kid but knowing I had Ashley was all the reassurance I needed.