Forty Two

David's POV

I sat outside quietly admiring the beauty of the place. I always liked it after dawn. It is quiet and you can see the clear sky, something you don't get to see much in the city.

I was avoiding my mom and Ashley. My mom kept bumping into me on purpose so she could talk to me and Ashley, well, I screwed up.

I never want to remember that horrible fight I had with my mother ages ago but for some reason my mind kept drifting there.

I didn't know someone could drink this much. I was so hammered. It is a miracle I could come home. I had such a weird day, I broke up with my girlfriend. Atleast i think I did and then I met this mysterious woman in a park. She had something about her, She was sad and that concerned me somehow.

I spend the entire day convincing she is just an ordinary person but I've seemed to have stuck on her. I drank myself to death to just get over today, meeting her, thinking about her. It is exhausting honestly.

I tried unlocking the door but I was drunk and it was dark. I dropped my keys. I bend down to get my keys but my mother opened the door instead so I walked past her.

"Where were you?" She asked.

We're not exactly in talking terms but it is Layla's wedding week and we've to be civil for her sake.

"Out."

"You're drunk and it is way past midnight."

I scoffed "I didn't know I had a curfew. Why do you even care?"

"I'm your mother. Why do I care?" She raised her voice. It was hurting my head "I care because you're my son and I see how you're wasting your life away."

"Oh really? You're doing your mother routine. You've no idea what I'm doing with my life so spare me your judgement."

"Ofcourse I'm aware. You dont tell me anything. You don't talk to me unless you've to."

"You did you really forget what you did? You're questioning my lifestyle? The woman who herself was finding answers at the bottom on a bottle. Just because you've your shit together now doesn't erase the past."

She sighed "I was angry at your father. I didn't mean-"

"SO AM I" I yelled "I'm angry too. You cannot deal with any crisis using your head. You wanna share stuff now? Well, guess what? You're a little too late."

She laughed "I tried with you. I've been trying to make up for those god awful years but nothing seems to effect you. You've completely stopped caring and for one minute I thought maybe Layla's wedding will give us another chance but here you are, drunk and disoriented. I keep forgetting that you're your father's son. You wanna hurt me for a mistake just like he did. It is afterall his blood running through your veins."

She put the glass of water and aspirin on the table. "If there's any part of you that remembers I'm your mother, I hope you come to talk to me. I'm sorry for what I did in the past but at one point, you gotta let go of be bitter forever. It is your choice."

We've in odds for a really long time but my mother never said anything about my father. She always admitted her mistakes and kept quiet. This is the first time she said something so hurtful, which was hurtful for her as well. It shows how much pain she is in. It also shows the kind of man I've become.

I've become my father. The man who hurt my mom and us and left to live his life in freedom. I'm too running away from things and hurting people in the process. I might not realize it but no different than him and if I don't get a grip, I'm gonna lose everybody I care about.