Chapter 7- Sleep of the Fighter

Mark-

         I open my eyes and take a deep breath. In, out. In, out. After a few seconds, I realize that I'm the one breathing. I'm controlling my breaths, each inhale and exhale. Me. Not Dark. I sigh with relief, allowing my shoulders to relax. I didn't realize how tense I was.

       My feet are cold, and I look down to see that I'm standing in a puddle of milk that must have opened and spilled when it hit the floor after Dark lost control. Speaking of Dark, I can feel him , once again in the back of my head, where he belongs. No, he doesn't belong there. He shouldn't be here at all. If I had it my way, he'd be gone.

       I can feel him. He's upset. No, furious. He's seething.

      "Aww, Dark, don't cry over spilled milk", I say, trying not to laugh at my own stupid joke.

         "Oh, suck my dick." Dark says angrily.

         "Well", I say, using his joke from before back on him, "Last time I checked, you're not a physical being, so that's kinda hard for me to do at the moment."

        "You know what? Kiss my fucking ass, Mark."

       "Don't have that,either."

       "Oh my God! You're so..." Dark trails off.

      "At a loss for words, Dark? I'm shocked. That's a first."

        Dark is silent, finally. I look at the time- 3:09. It's pitch black outside. Suddenly, I realize just how tired I am. It hits me out of nowhere, a wave of pure exhaustion. Fighting Dark internally and then having him take over and using all my strength to regain control has spent any and all energy I had. I can feel my eyelids drooping. Without even bothering to clean up the milk on the floor, shutting off the lights in the kitchen, I barely manage to drag my legs, which feel as though they're made of lead, to my room, where I collapse on my bed and instantly feel my self drifting, fading, falling into a deep sleep, without even having time to wrap myself in a blanket.

 **********************************************

Hello everyone!! Thanks so much for reading! Also, in this story, Mark and Dark's sense of humor and sarcasm is the same as mine, so it's a lot of immature wisecracks and smartass remarks, the same things I say all the time. That explains why it's not funny, just dumb. Except it's also like Marks humor in real life, and Mark is funnier then me, so yea. Anyway, so glad you all like this  story so far! 

Thank you everybody so much for reading, and as always, I will see you... in the next chapter! 

Buh Bye !