Chapter 17- Disturbed the Quiet

Mark-

 I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen , bare feet shuffling on the floor. My hair was a mess and I was still in my pajamas, but I didn't care,  I more comfortable around Sean after having him here for a few days. I yawned widely, stretching, and reached for two mugs from the cabinet above my head.

"Morning, sleepyhead." a familiar voice disturbed the quiet morning atmosphere of the sunny kitchen. Startled, I turned toward the source of the voice, banging my head on the corner of the open cabinet door. "Shit!"

"Sorry." Sean said, laughing. I looked at him. He was wearing loose fitting pajama pants and no shirt, fluffy bunny slippers completing the look.

"Mark!"

"Huh?"  I asked, blinking. I realized I'd been staring and quickly turned around, trying to hide my burning cheeks from his view.

But why was I staring?

"Like what you see?" I could hear him smirking.

"What? N-no. I was just surprised your chest hair isn't green." I retorted lamely.

"Haha, very funny. Bit of advice- when you're gawking at someone, you might want to not open your mouth so much, or a bird might fly in. Seriously, your lower jaw was almost brushing the floor, and God knows what's on this floor, never mind how long its been since you last cleaned it."

Still holding the mugs in my hands, I set them down on the counter. "Shut up before you make your own breakfast." I muttered.

"To be completely honest with you, that wouldn't be a bad thing, as I'm a much better cook then you."

I grabbed a wooden spoon from the counter and ran over to him, swatting him on the ass. "Get out of here, go watch TV or something." I waved the spoon threateningly. "And put a shirt on!" I added.

"But I like to breathe!"  he whined.

"Oh, I'll show you breathing in a second!" I said, grabbing a dish towel and flicking it at him.

He grabbed my wrist in the air with lightning speed, gripping it tightly. "Did you just threaten me?" he asked, staring at me.

"W-what if I did?" I asked, suddenly tongue tied, unable to look away. 

He didn't say anything, just raised his eyebrows before releasing my arm, intense blue eyes releasing me from their stare before turning around and walking into the living room, sitting on the couch and turning on the TV as though nothing happened. I looked at him for a second before reaching for the box of pancake mix on the shelf.

"You still didn't put a shirt on." I muttered under my breath.

**********************

Hello everybody! I'm back! I'm sure you didn't notice or miss me, so it's all good. Even with this book not being updated, we've passed 900 reads. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I'm really glad you guys like this book! Let me know what you think of this chapter below, and any things you want to see in the future, or just opinions in general! 

Also, if you liked this chapter,  make sure to punch that vote button like you punch your pillow at 3 AM before giving up on sleep and reading fan fictions instead. 

Question of the Day- what's your earliest memory? (If it's personal you don't have to share, and it's a weird question but it's interesting hearing people's responses.) 

Thank you everybody so much for reading, and as always, I will see you... In the next chapter! Buh bye!