Chapter 26- Routine

Mark-

"I hope one day you can forgi-" I cut her off midsentence, leaning over and bringing my lips to hers. 

She kisses back eagerly, her arms going around my neck. 

This feels good.

This is routine.

Just a few days ago, I would have done anything to do this again.

The kiss deepens, and I move my body so that Amy is beneath me on the couch.

But.

Sean. 

Amy's hands slide into my hair, expelling the thought from my mind.

I honestly don't know if we would have gone further, because we never got the chance. I hear the door open, and we both freeze. Sean steps in, and I feel a wave of guilt surge through me, made a thousand times worse when I see the expression on his face.

He drops the bags of food to the floor, and I gently get off of Amy, scrambling to my feet. 

"Sean, I can explain." 

Amy seems to see what's happening, and gets to her feet, saying "It's my fault. I didn't know. If anyone should take the blame, it's me."

"Go." Sean says without a shred of emotion.

"But-" 

"Just go!"

Amy gives me an apologetic look before hurrying past Sean, who hardly seems to notice her, and out the door.

I wait for him to say something, anything, but he stands there, dead silent. Seconds pass, but they feel like hours. I wait for him to say something, yell, scream, maybe even hit me. But what he does instead is a million times worse- nothing.

After an eternity, he meets my gaze and says one word before turning away and going up the stairs. 

"Why?"