*~18~*

I just sat there for about 20 minutes wondering what it was that I said to make her run away like that without one word...I snapped out of it then looked at Johnny as he smiled at me, and I told him very jokingly that....that really sucked...I remember sweeping girls off their feet but that was ridiculous...Johnny giggled as I added maybe I swept her just a little too fast...then I asked him if he was up for a playdate at the park, followed by a trip to the zoo...then maybe if there was still enough time to swing by and pick up grammie and all go out to eat....Johnny jumped up and said very ecstatically yeah!!

I stood up and slightly chuckled and told him that I agreed...I told him to go get his jacket...he scampered very quickly to his room and came out with his Mickey Mouse jacket...I tossed him over my shoulder playfully and headed for the door...only to be surrounded by Oso and Chicklet...for they wanted to go to the park too...Oso even had his ball in his mouth...so I gave into the three sad puppy faces I was getting and told both of them to load up...after I put Johnny into his toddler harness for he told me he was a big boy and didn't want to be in a car seat anymore.

I slowly drove to the park, and let the dogs out first then I unhooked Johnny and helped him out of the car...he scampered after Oso trying to get the ball so I could toss it for Oso and Chicklet for Johnny couldn't throw it far enough. After throwing the ball a few dozen times Oso decided he was tired and laid down under the bench I was sitting. Johnny decided he wanted to play on the slide...he slid down it four times as I watched him as he was nothing but giggles the whole way down...then Chicklet, decided she wanted to follow Johnny...at first she barked frantically as Johnny went up the ladder...then I watched in amazement, as Chicklet actually crawled up the ladder to follow Johnny...she made it to the top, and stopped and watched as Johnny slid down...Chicklet barked and barked...for she was afraid to go down the slide...Johnny went to the bottom of the slide and cheered her on and told her she could do it...finally I gave her a little whistle and she couldn't resist any longer, and she slid down the slide...and landed on Johnny...and as she was licking him all over he was grinning a giggling uncontrollably.

I told Johnny it was about time to head out if he wanted to make it to the Secret Gardens wildlife exhibit of Siegfried & Roys. Johnny stood up and then jumped on Chicklets back as she gave him a ride to where I was....but when she stopped...Johnny slid off sideways. I caught him and told Oso and Chicklet it was time to head home. I drove to the front gate and opened it just enough to let Oso and Chicklet in the yard...then jumped back in the car and headed to the zoo.

Once we got there...Johnny wanted me to hold him...so I picked him up and went in...his favorite animal was the royal white Lions...and every time I took him there he would ask me if I would get him one...I told him that Chicklet and Oso would be sad if I did...but I did manage to get the caretaker's to let Johnny pet one of them, and even take a picture with one of the baby lion cubs...after we went to through the dolphin exhibit where I decided to jump in and swim with them, and even got a kiss from one of them...Johnny didn't want to come in with me...but he liked being held as he held a fish...and one of them jumped really high up to take the fish from his hand...then as it hit the water...it spritzed him all over.

I carried him on my shoulders as I walked out of the zoo, and asked him if he had fun...he giggled and said yayeah...I told him I did too...then I strapped him in and told him it was grammie time...he laughed and clapped his hands together and kept saying grammie over and over...I was just secretly happy that it wasn't that far to her house. I pulled up and she was out managing her little flower garden, as Johnny scampered up to her and crawled in her lap.

She stood up with her grandson still in her arms, and gave me a kiss as I made it up to her...she said that she was so happy to see us both...then she carried him into the house and handed him a cookie...I snickered and told her not before dinner ma...she just gave me a love tap and said grama can spoil her baby boy if she wanted too...and that he would be fine...for she did it for me all the time, and look how I turned out...I chuckled and said I hope my son doesn't learn all my bad habits...that would be a nightmare...for the world doesn't really know what to do with one of me.

I spared the suspense and asked her if she was ready to have dinner with Johnny and me...she looked at me, and as she sat Johnny down, she asked me if I found a girlfriend yet...I told her about what happened the other day, and that I thought it really sucked...for she was a very lovely girl...and I was a little smitten by that Kc kitten. My mom just said to give it time, and that the right one would come when it was time. I just let the conversation dry up and hollered for Johnny to move out...for it was dinner time...he scampered out of the living room and hopped up in my arms and we all three headed for my car, then to Martorano's Italian Restaurant to dine.

After the lovely dinner for three, I paid the check and as we were walking out...I pulled out a blue sucker for Johnny and a green one for my mom, and a red one for me...as I popped it in my mouth I turned my head to the left and saw Kc walking down the sidewalk with my niece Dimi and JD...I asked mom to take Johnny to the car and I would be there in a little bit, that there was someone I needed to talk to for a minute.