*~27~*

It's been a month since Costa and Rachel got married, and Rachel was now very pregnant and very miserable...but she was always jolly no matter...Johnny was growing like a weed, and so excited about seeing his cousin that was due in another two months. Kc started to come in my room and just lay with me and watch TV which I thought was an awesome step...she was starting to let me stay close to her, without her getting intimidated by me. Even though she told me if I ever tried stripping in front of her she'd run back into her room...so I promised her I'd be a good boy.

Her birthday was coming up very soon, and I was afraid if I asked her to marry me, she'd run away...but Rachel told me I needed to tell her how much I felt for her...I really wanted her to be Johnny's mom...and as of late, I was really wanting to emotionally and physically show her how much...but I knew if I tried anything sexual with her, she'd disappear on me, and I'd never see her again. Rachel has been talking endlessly with her, trying to get her to understand and come around...but just when Rachel thought she was opening a door, Kc would slam it right as I would get too close.

Sully and Klayton tried talking her through her fears and tried to explain that I wasn't like other guys...and that I really loved her. I was beginning to think it was a hopeless cause...and maybe the best thing to do for Kc was just for me to back off, and leave her alone. But then I'd tell myself that I can't because I am so on fire for her...and the hunger I have for her is way too strong for me to ignore...anymore. I was desperate, so I went to one person that I knew could help me and Kc...when all else fails...my mommy always was right...even Kc has never not listened to my mommy's advice, ideas, and her words of wisdom.

So I called her and told her that I really needed her to come to Serenity while I was away to have a talk with Kc...and maybe help her overcome this deep fear of falling in love with me, and being sexually close to me...for all my friends and other family members have tried talking to her, but she just can't get past the first step out the door. My mom agreed and said she'd give it a try...but she couldn't promise anything...for she noticed how much she adored me, but was also very much afraid of me too. I went into Johnny's room where he was looking at his fishies while standing on his little step stool so he could feed them...I lifted him up and kissed his cheek and told him that I had to go to work and that when I got back I would bring him a prize if Kc called during my break telling me that he was being a good boy. Johnny said he was always good boy...I chuckled when he stated that with pride...but then thought about it and told him how right he was...I gave him another kiss and asked him what he would like daddy to bring home for him...he looked puzzled for a moment then asked for a new fishie, one that he didn't have yet...I smiled at him and told him he got it.

I then went into the dining area where I kept my keys in the tray...then I noticed Kc in the kitchen...I gently put my hand on her shoulder and told her I was off to work...I was a little shocked when she turned around and she gave me a sweet smooch, then said to have fun, and not work too hard...I told her not to work too hard, that she had the entire house spotless already...she turned and gave me a smile and then said that I noticed...I chuckled as I told her how could I not notice...all the dishes, laundry, floors, walls, and everything else in between was spotless and sparkling...even Hammie, Oso, and Chicklet were shiny and squeaky clean.

Then as I walked out the door I couldn't resist anymore and called out to her that I loved her...she heard, but didn't know how to respond to her hearing me say it...Dimitra came in through the back door and asked her to tell me back that she loved me too...she looked at her insecurely but Dimitra told her it was ok...I waited and put my head down when she didn't answer and opened the door...but before I shut it behind me, I heard her call out that she loved me too...which put a smile from ear to ear on my face...I was ready to face whatever was going to challenge me head-on after hearing that from my sweet Kc kitten.

(Kc's P.O.V.)

Dimitra sat me down and said she really needed to talk to me about her Crisstopher and me...I hesitated but I told her ok, and that I was listening...she told me that Crisstopher loved me so much, that it was physically hurting him, being without me...and that I could never ask for a better man to be with...and deep down she knew that I loved him too, it was just that I was having a hard time expressing it, and showing him...and that all I needed to do was ask for help with my fears that I was currently battling on my own, and then together we could conquer them...for Crisstopher was nothing to fear...that he loved me so much that he would die for me.

As Dimitra was talking to me, my sister came in after going to her doctor's visit and wanted to talk to me about it too...once they both got onto me saying that it was time for me to stop being afraid of Criss, and letting him show me that I was being afraid for no reason...that Criss was a very romantic with a gentle and extremely loving heart...for me. I took a deep breath in, and told them both that I would try...but how does a girl get over an ancient fear, of going into the unknown...for as timid, and shy as I was....Dimitra and Rachel both told me to just trust Criss, that he knew exactly how to handle the situation, and that they both promised after the first step...it would all fall into place, and that I would probably never want him to stop loving me afterward...then we all three had a good laugh, as I prepared lunch for all of us and Johnny. 

After Johnny finished his, he took the dogs out in the backyard to his sandbox and played with them...then I asked Dimitra and my sister how should it start...should I start the fire...or let him...then if I started it, how should I start it...Dimitra said she was going to be over again as soon as Crisstopher came home, to take Johnny home with her for the night...then as soon as she left...to start the fire by making a special dinner for two...with some candles...then maybe have some romantic music playing in the background...then Rachel stopped Dimitra and said after that just let the mood take over from there....for Rachel didn't want Dimitra to spoil it by telling her what happens next.