Nights in White Satin

"You have got to be fucking kidding me!"I heard someone yell, ripping me from my peaceful sleep.

I sat up with a jump, feeling my face peel off of Nikki's chest as I slammed my head on the ceiling of the bunk.

"Fuck," I said under my breath.

"Shh," Nikki said, putting a hand on my arm. "It's Izzy."

"I know, I heard him," I whispered back, rubbing my forehead. "Nikki, I think- I think I'm still drunk."

"Probably are. You drank a lot last night... a lot," he emphasized. "Oh, and you found Tommy's weed," he mumbled as I laid back down beside him. "How's year head?" he asked, checking me for blood.

"Pounding."

"Yeah, you took a nasty spill; your hangover isn't going to help."

"Ugh... You smell funky," I said quietly, scrunching up my nose, tucking his white satin sheets over my nose.

"I didn't shower after the show last night; I was taking care of you."

"Oh... thanks."

"No problem. It was kind of fun."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

We were interrupted by an explosion of light in Nikki's bunk, replaced by my brother's silhouette.

"Ah, shit, Izz, p-"

"Shit is right! Let's go, Carolina," he demanded, holding my leopard jacket in his hand. "Now."

"Izzy, please, just-"

"No. I don't wanna hear it," he said, dismissing me with a wave of his hand. "We're going to have a talk later. And I don't mean just her and I, Nikki," he said, angrily pointing a finger.

"Why're you pissed at me?" he asked innocently as I climbed over him, ignoring him as he grabbed my ass on my way out.

"You were supposed to make sure she stayed out of trouble; now she's probably got a concussion and she smells like a frat house," he snapped, thrusting my coat into my arms.

"More like your bus," I mumbled as I pulled on the jacket.

"I'm not playing games right now, Carolina. Not funny. Say goodbye. You'll see them later."

"Whatever," I said, rolling my eyes at him. "Bye, Nik, I doubt anyone else is awake, but tell them I said goodbye."

"No problem," he said, smiling at me before crossing an arm over his eyes.

°°°°°°

"What the fuck happened last night?" my brother shouted at me as I curled up in Axl's arms.

"Please, for the love of all that is holy, stop yelling at me. I feel like shit."

"Gee, wonder why," he said sarcastically.

"Izz, cut her some slack. It wasn't her fault," Axl cut in, his deep voice vibrated through his chest, soothing me a little.

"Look, I'm just trying to figure out what happened," he said with a deep sigh.

"That doesn't mean you have to yell," I said softly.

"I'm sorry. I'm just edgy today. I was worried sick about you all night. We went back to the venue to get you off of the Mötley bus, but they had already left. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm okay, Izzy."

"Then what happened to your head? Tommy said you fell last night," he said, crossing his arms.