Lick and A Promise, Pt. 2

On the way to the bus, we ran into Nikki, which happened to be lucky for us, and I decided to relay a bit of our current problem to him, hoping that he would understand.

"Alright, Sixx, I have a bit of an issue," I said, moving my hair so that he could see the dark line of hickeys down the side of my throat.

"Oh, fuck... Did I do that?" he asked, half joking, as he observed the marks, touching them lightly. The callouses on his fingers gave me shivers, which quickly passed, but out of the corner of my eye, I could see Slash stiffen the tiniest bit.

I felt his hand press lightly against the small of my back in an almost passive aggressive manor that gave off a vibe of 'this is mine.'

"Well, no, but I was hoping that you could cover for me if my brother asks," I said, holding onto Slash's arm, trying to send the message that he needed to relax- I was all his, as well as so that I didn't put too much pressure on my knee while we were standing in the lobby.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, if my brother asks, is it okay if I say that it was you?" I asked slowly, desperately hoping that he would be fine with it.

"Sure... if you tell me what really happened."

"Only if you don't tell anyone."

"Deal," he said, drawing an 'x' over his heart with his finger.

"Well then, ask this one," I said, lightly smacking Slash's chest. He didn't even blink, although if he did, I wouldn't be able to see; he had his shades on and his hair was in the way.

"Wait, you two?"

"Not exactly," I lied. "After we got back, I drank a lot because my knee was killing me- you know how it is; Doctor Daniels," I said, waving the bottle that was in my hand as he nodded understandingly. "Slash was supposed to keep an eye on me, but obviously that didn't work out," I said, shooting him a fake glare. "He lost track of me and I don't know what happened."

Slash was starting to sketch me out; he had said nothing but 'hello' the entire time that we were talking to Nikki, and I could see him getting antsy, and his weird possessive attitude was a little strange.

"Sure," Nikki said skeptically, shaking his head as he laughed. "I'll take that, but I think I can guess the real story. That sounds like it could be about half right, though," he mused.

"Don't you dare say a fuckin' word," I growled, pointing at him threateningly. "Most of that is true, and that being said, it's good enough for me."

"Hey, don't shoot the messenger," he joked, raising his hands in surrender. "Your secret is safe with me. Good luck with Izzy," he said as he turned to walk away.

"Thank you!" I shouted after him. He merely responded by giving me a thumbs up over his shoulder.

"Well, that's taken care of," Slash mumbled, offering to carry me again.

"No, I got it; we're don't usually get along, remember?"

"True, but that was before," he said with a shrug as he opened the door for me.

"Which is also true, but we're keeping up the illusion of being civil by just walking together. Plus, you're here if I actually do need help."

"Fair enough."

"Mm-hm. By the way..."

"What?"

"Are you jealous of Nikki?"

"Nope."

"Really? So you're just defensive?"

"Yup. I'm not worried, because," he said, mumbling something at the end.