Sight For Sore Eyes

"Boston has some nice hotel rooms, if I remember correctly," Axl informed me as he grabbed his suitcase and shuffled over to the door to wait for Duff.

"Yeah? Nice," I mumbled rather apathetically.

"Hey, you okay?" he asked quietly.

"I'm fine."

"Right... Uh, Steven has the key to your guys's room; he's already up there. I think it was-"

"217," I cut off. "Yeah, I know... Thanks."

"Okay. If you need anything, Slash and I are in 254, and Duff and your brother are in 214."

"Noted," I said, giving him a tired smiled.

"Alright... C'mon, McKagan," he said loudly.

"Waitin' on Izzy," Duff called back.

"I'll be up in a minute; I can't find my coat," my brother shouted from the back room.

"Did you check your bunk?" I asked.

"Not yet."

"He'll catch up," I assured.

Duff shrugged, and stepped off of the bus, Axl right behind him.

"Slash, you comin'?" he asked.

"I'll wait for Iz."

"Suit yourself. I'm taking the bed by the window, though," he said before closing the door.

"So, Carolina, you're with Steven tonight?" Slash asked, swaying slightly.

"Yup."

"He snores," he said, scrunching up his nose at the thought. "Let's trade our roommates," he suggested as he got closer to me.

"No, thanks."

"Come on, baby, I won't tell if you don't," he drunkenly purred in my ear, kissing my neck as as my brother rolled into his bunk to grab his coat.

"Get the fuck off of me," I hissed, pushing him back.

"You're seriously still mad at me?"

"Yup, and even if I wasn't, my brother is right fucking there!"

"He didn't see anything... besides, it's been three days. How much longer are you gonna be pissed at me?" he asked exasperatedly.

"Indefinitely," I snapped as I grabbed my suitcase and walked off of the bus and up to the hotel, dodging Duff and Axl in the lobby as I headed for the room Steven and I were supposed to share.

I made it to the room, and knocked on the door, which opened to reveal Steven, who looked burned out, and thankful to have a night off.

"Hello, Miss Isbell," he said cheerily, taking my suitcase from me and letting me into the room.

"Evening, Mr. Adler. Nice to have a break, eh?"

"Definitely. It's much needed."

"Y'know, Stevie, I don't get how anyone on this fucking tour works," I mumbled with a sigh, walking in and dropping down onto the king size bed that we were supposed to share.

"What do you mean?" he asked, his blue eyes locking onto me as he sat beside me.

"There's always something going on behind the scenes. I don't see how anyone thinks."

"Yeah, you're right. We all have our own problems," he mused, twisting a bit of my hair between his fingers. "Take me, for example: I'm sure it's no secret that I have some issues, but I'm battling with that on my own. As long as I can still play, there's no problem."