Poison Apples

"What are you going to tell your brother?" Slash asked, holding me to his chest as he lazily stroked my hair.

"About us?"

"Yeah... well, I mean, I guess our more current problem is the marks I've left on you," he chuckled, gently brushing his fingers over the tender spots, "but either way, we're gonna have to explain things."

"True... I'll probably just be straight up with him. It kind of depends on if Duff has said anything in the last few hours."

"Why?"

"Well, if Duff said something, Izzy will flip his lid because I'm not the one telling him," I explained, "but if he hasn't said anything, we're in the clear for a little longer and he might be less..."

"Angry?"

"Yeah, angry, hostile, whatever."

"Honestly, I don't think Duff would tell; he looked more amused than anything else."

"Yeah," I laughed, "did you see the way he kinda squinted his eyes? He definitely thought it was funny."

"I feel like he kind of knew, like, deep down."

"I think you might be right. I mean, if you really think about it," I sat up slightly, "he made some comments here and there that kind of gave it away."

"Hm... I'll have to talk to him. When do we tell Izzy?"

"Probably soon, but not right now," I mumbled, laying my head down against his chest. "I missed you- and I don't just mean the crazy sex and stuff. I missed you, the rest was a bonus."

"I missed you, too, Carolina. But don't forget."

"Forget what?"

"You're mine," he said, kissing the top of my head. "My girl."

"Not to be too forward, but 'girl' as in-"

"I want you to be my girlfriend. Mine- only mine," he clarified. "I mean, if you want."

"You don't even have to ask," I purred, kissing him before going back to laying my head on his chest and listening to his heart beat.

°°°°°°

"So," Duff mumbled, standing beside me in line for breakfast catering, "you're up early for once."

"Hello to you, too, Duff," I mumbled back. "I'm surprised you're on your feet right now."

"Yeah, well, hi- and I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't slept yet," he joked.

"Why would you say that?

"Um, hello? I was there; talk to me."

"About?"

"You know exactly what," he said with a smirk.

"First tell me who you've told."

"Okay, easy one; I haven't told anyone."

"Really?" I asked doubtfully.

"Yes. Not even Mandy. The three of us are the only ones that know."

"Uh-huh... okay, then what do you want me to tell you?" I asked, leaning back as he reached in front of me for a muffin.

"How long?"

"Total or... each time?"

"Each?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

I nodded, grabbing enough food for Slash and I both.

"Okay, well now the question is 'how long,' and 'how many times,' and I am not asking about your sex lives."