Outta Control, Pt. 1

"Double Jack, please," I ordered, watching as the bartender quickly poured me a drink and slid the glass to me. "Thank you." I raised my glass, taking a sip. This was my 'medicine,' as I was hungover, and borderline withdrawing while Robbin and Nikki were out scoring more heroin.

I had walked into the bar, probably looking like shit and scaring the hell out of the mute bartender with my ripped up jeans, messy sex hair, and ratty t-shirt. The fact that I smelled like a frat house probably didn't make me any more popular with anyone that I walked past in the lobby, nor did the fact that it wasn't even noon yet and I was heading to the bar.

The boys and I had been drinking and chain smoking the night before, and at this point, only the hair of the dog that bit me was a cure; we had used everything else; there was nothing left of any drug that we had consumed in the last four days- not even a speck of coke, but soon, they would be back with just what the doctor ordered.

Luckily for me, the angle of the bar allowed the mirrors that lined the shelves to reflect the lobby, where Nikki and Robbin would soon be walking with our little bundle of joy.

"Jesus, at least the bar is empty... and quiet," I thought, pulling out a cigarette and the lighter that Nikki had given me the night before, just because he was sick of how the lid would stick shut.

Apparently, I had thought too soon about the lovely silence.

"Carolina?" I mentally groaned. "Haven't seen you around much," Slash mumbled indifferently as he sat beside me at the bar.

"So?" I asked, tilting my head as I lit my cigarette with one hand, balancing my drink in the other.

"Well, oddly enough," he said sarcastically, "I miss you... What have you been doing?" he asked absently, trailing off as he ordered his drink.

"Nikki," I whispered under my breath.

"What?"

"What? Oh, nothing, I just remembered something," I lied, playing it off. I knew that he had probably heard me, but I didn't really care; I was still angry.

"Are you okay?"

"Why do you ask?"

"You're just... something's different about you," he murmured.

"Such as?" I asked, pulling my sunglasses down enough to peer over the top of the lenses as I took a drink.

"Well, I'm not sure, but you're not the same."

I pushed up my glasses with a smile.

"Want me to let you in on a little secret?" I crooked my finger and he leaned closer. "I'm high as shit right now and I'm getting ready for a bad come-down, not to mention that I'm still upset with you. Please, shut up."

"High on what?"

"None of your business," I snapped.

"Let me guess, your brother will be mad if he finds out?"

"He's mad about anything I do. At this point, who even cares"

I had been avoiding Izzy as much as possible for the last few days being that I had been shooting up with Nikki and Robbin; only us three knew- and whoever happened to bring the drugs each night, but so far, things were fine.

"You know that you care- we both do. I noticed that you've been hanging out with Nikki a lot lately and..." I stopped listening, because as if on queue, I saw the reflections of Nikki and Robbin enter the lobby at that very moment. "Hey! C'mon, no, please," he said, grabbing my wrist as I stood to leave. "Please, just talk to me. Let's talk things out. I really miss you," he whispered.