Part 28

Thanks to all for reading this story guys... I know, I might have irritated some for not revealing the truth to RK anytime sooner:D

Madhu clung on to RK as she sobbed praying that their daughter be fine. RK held Madhu close to him as he tried to reassure her and himself that Sassy was going to be fine. A while later, they heard a cell ringing, RK looked down at Madhu and gently told her "It's your cell." Madhu looks down at her cell and just keeps staring at the caller id flash 'Home'. When RK realized that Madhu was not in her right mind and was not going to answer the call, he quickly answered her cell. "Hello." RK said. "Hello? Who is this?" a male voice asked him. "Err.. I am Rishabh Kundra here, Madhu's neighbor." RK explains. "Oh! Hi RK. This is Sultan here. Where is Madhu?" Sultan asked. RK quickly informs him about Sassy and Sultan who had reached back home, asked him about which hospital they were in and informed RK that he would be there shortly and hung up the phone.

Half an hour later, Madhu was still clinging on to RK when she heard some one call out to her in a much tensed tone. "Madhu!" Madhu looks towards the direction of the voice in shock and sees her sister running towards her with her jeeju hurrying behind her carrying Adi in his arms. Seeing Trishna, Madhu immediately runs towards her and throwing herself at her sister she starts crying and blabbering about her daughter. Sultan walks towards RK who was watching Madhu with her sister. Sultan talks to RK in gentle tone asking about Sassy while he tried to console Adi who was getting agitated with all the noises Madhu was making. Suddenly the doctor comes out of the ER, noticing him RK and Sultan goes to him. Before they could ask him anything, Trishna walks up to the doctor and introduces herself to him by extending her hand towards. "Hello, I am Dr. Kapoor. How is the patient?" the doctor shakes her hand and says "She is fine. Due to the scare she went unconscious, but just as a safety measure we want to take a head scan to make sure she didn't hit her head anywhere." Trishna nods her head. "One of you can come with us for the scanning." The doctor informs them. "I will come." Madhu immediately says cutting off Trishna who was going to say the same. Trishna looks at Sultan for help, Sultan turns to Madhu and says gently "Madhu, let Trish go. She is a doctor she will understand everything better than any of us." "But jeeju, I want to know what is happening to my daughter." Madhu stubbornly says. "I will find out and tell you." Trishna promises. "No, you will hide it from me, just like how you hid about Papa's health problem." Madhu argues. "No, I will tell you everything. I won't hide anything from you. I promise." Trishna promises. Madhu continues to look at Trishna apprehensively, "Trust me." finally Madhu nods her head in agreement. Trishna smiles at her and then looks at Sultan "Sullupoo, take care of her." Indicating about Madhu, after Sultan nods reassuringly Trishna quickly leaves with the doctor while RK just stood behind watching all this, silently agreeing with Trishna that she should be the one to go with the doctor.

A while later, when Adi started crying Sultan went off to get milk for Adi from the canteen taking Adi with him as he knew that Madhu was not in a state to look after Adi. Madhu was sitting with her palms joined and eyes closed in prayer, RK walks toward her and sits next to her and he holds her hand lightly and says "She is going to be fine." Madhu opens her eyes and sees him sitting next to her and looking at her with so much love, RK gently wipes off her tears. "She is all I have Shaurya." Madhu says in fear. RK puts his hand over her shoulder and pulls her closer to him "Nothing is going to happen to her." Madhu coulddles towards him and whispers "I lost you, Shaurya, now I can't lose her." RK lovingly smiles at her "Neither have you lost me nor will we lose Sassy." and kissing her forehead he hugs her. Sultan who had come back was shocked to see and hear what Madhu and RK were talking. His blood started boiling as he slowly realized that RK was the one who had betrayed Madhu five years ago. He is Sahasra's father. Sultan was about to go and hit the day lights out off RK for what he did to his family but seeing a doctor walk past by he realized where he was and that Sahasra was admitted there. Whatever he had to do, he will have to wait. Walking towards them determinedly Sultan calls out Madhu's name, Madhu and RK immediately parts. "Thanks, I will take care of her." Sultan rudely tells RK. RK looks at Madhu and then at Sultan and nods and gets up from there and slowly starts phasing.

RK noticed the way Sultan was angrily looking at him though he failed to understand the reason for his anger. Maybe he heard them, or it might be because of seeing Madhu with him but then he really didn't care whatever the reason was, right now he was only worried about Sassy. Ignoring Sultan, RK continued pacing the corridor as he prayed non-stop for his best friend who was more than a daughter to him. Few minutes later, Trishna came out smiling happily. "She is perfectly fine. Got fever, but that's okay. She got scared when she fell, so it is because of that. Once her temperature comes down we can take her home." Everyone sighs in relief. "I want to see her." Madhu says wanting to make sure with her own eyes that her daughter is fine. "They are shifting her to a room then we can see her." Trishna says with a smile.

After Sassy was shifted to the room, everyone was crowding around her watching her sleep. She was looking weak but Trishna had reassured Madhu it was because of her adventure and nothing serious. Soon, Madhu started relaxing as she understood that her daughter was perfectly fine. Sultan looks at RK and says "Thanks for your help, Mr. Kundra. Why don't you go home and get out off your wet clothes? I will manage everything here." RK knew that Sultan was indirectly asking him to get lost, though he wanted to stay and make sure Sassy was fine and wanted to tell Sultan in not so subtle or indirect way to get lost, to go away from his Madhu and his Sassy, RK decided to do as Sultan wanted at present as he didn't want to disturb Sassy or worry Madhu. Nodding his head he says "Okay, if you need anything just call me." Sultan doesn't even bother to reply to RK, he just angrily looks away and RK controlling his temper bids bye to Madhu and Trishna and leaves. After RK leaves, Sultan turns to look at Trishna who was frowning at him for his behavior with RK, Sultan slowly shakes his head telling her 'not now.', Trishna nods her head in agreement as she sensed that something had transpired between Sultan and RK while she was away. Sultan turns to look at Madhu who was lovingly stroking her daughter's forehead, as much as he wanted to demand an explanation from Madhu for hiding the truth from him and lying to him about RK he knew he will have to wait, Madhu has gone through a lot today, tomorrow would be soon enough for him to have his talk with her.

RK was driving aimlessly around as he didn't feel like going home.Finally pulling his car over to the empty road side, keeping his head betweenhis hands on the steering wheel he tries to relax. As the tension leaves hisbody he slowly starts to relax and in his mind he starts going through what allhad happened that day from the start. When Sassy was at the hospital it hadfelt to him that not Sassy but it was him, that who was fighting for life. Hehad sent up a silent prayer thanking God for saving Sassy's life yet again. Itwas pure God's grace that Madhu's sister had come with Sultan then. Heremembered how she had taken charge of the situation when she... Wait a minute!RK sat up immediately in confusion as his heart started slamming against hischest. Did she introduce herself as Dr. Kapoor? Isn't Sultan's last nameKapoor? And Sultan had called her Trish and she had called him Sullupoo, butSultan had said that's what Madhu calls him.. no he had said that's what hiswife calls him. But how can that be possible? Madhu is Sultan's wife, and thefew times he was with them together she had never called him Sullupoo, she hasalways called him Sultan and.. RK's eyes widened in shock as he remembered whatMadhu had called Sultan in the hospital Jeeju. RK couldn't breathe as hetried to make sense of all that is suddenly visible to him. If Sultan isMadhu's jeeju then why did she tell him that he was her husband? What was theneed for her to lie to him? The blood started draining from his face as anotherquestion popped up in his head 'Who is Sassy's father, then?' Agitatedhe ran his hands through his hair trying to control his mind running wild andconjuring up false hope. He had to find answers to his question, determined hemoves to turn the ignition on when he caught something from the corner of hiseyes, moving back to his previous position he looked into the rear view mirrorand only his eyes could be seen in the mirror, but it was not his eyes that hewas seeing, it was Sassy's eyes that he was seeing.

*phew* finally he knews hehehehe

Please vote and comment

- Lazy