Bait

29.

Staring at him with the gun pointed to my head, he slammed on the volume button, shutting off the radio.

"Get out."

I blinked, his voice seemed distant. "What are you doing?" I asked, confused.

"Oh come on, Arabella." He scrunched his eyebrows. "I'm not that dumb."

I stared at him before closing my eyes.

"Have you figured it out yet, darling?"

It made sense on how they found us, if he did tell. But how? Why? He was the target. He was the mission.

"You might not be such a hot item at your work, after all."

This couldn't be Brook's doing, could it be? How the fuck did they get Eric involved?

"Get out! I'm not going to say it again."

I opened my eyes now, reaching behind me, and opened the door blindly. The highway was deserted now, just us and the bikers to which I now could barely hear.

"All the way sweetheart." He nudged the gun.

It pissed me off that I couldn't do anything. It was like my body wasn't at tune with my mind.

Stepping out of the car, I wobbled a bit. My hands on the roof of the car as Eric got out of the car himself. The gun still pointed at me. For a moment I thought about reaching for my own gun, but what was the use? I couldn't stabilized my legs or my hands, nor could I see clearly.

"W-What did you give me?" I asked tiredly.

Eric rounded the car, closing the driver's side door with one hand and grabbing my arm with the other.

"Just a little something to knock you out. Couldn't have you swinging at us, could we?"

My back hit the car as he put his gun away. "I am sorry for this Bella. Truly am." His fingers touched my cheek as he lightly stroked my skin. I tried to move my head away, but it just lolled to the side. "But you know.. you were doing the same thing to me. Trading me in for money." He cracked a smile, his finger tips gripping my chin. "You shouldn't have gotten in over your head, baby. But at least I got to see you all grown up, and damn.. you look good."

My legs gave in as my knees buckled, but Eric caught me before I fell.

"Hmm, maybe I gave you a little to much."

"I hate you." I hissed in his ear as I tried to stand up straight.

"Tsk, that was the last thing you ever did say to me." He leaned me back on the car as the sounds of the bikes approached us.

My body went into defense mode, seeing there was five of them, all slowing down near us. I just didn't have the energy to fight as I was leaning between the car and Eric.

The lead biker turned off his engine and got off the bike, walking to us. When he took off his helmet, I recognize that red hair from anywhere. It was a bit darker now, just like he was. He grew the last I seen him, more bulky, taller then I remember. When he stood next to us, a smile broke out on his face as he laughed. I could tell he was fully enjoying this, me being weak.

"Well hello again, traitor."

Then, everything faded to black.

    ***

I felt the motion of a car as it sped down a road. A very bumpy road. I tried to move but the muscles in my body wouldn't allow me to. I lolled in and out of consciousness the way down the road until the vehicle came to a stop. I let out a soft moan as I tried to move my hands, but they were tied behind my back. My ankles were pressed together hard, that I could begin to feel the tingles in my toes from the pressure of the rope binding me together. The door to the van slid open and I peeked over to see the red hair once again.