In My Time Of Dying

32.

Sounds of the seagulls were above as they flew over me and circled around the water, the soft waves kissed the shoreline, hitting my feet. I watched the pinkish sky in the distance, the only sounds around me was the birds talking and the soft water. It was so peaceful.

Too peaceful.

I touched the water as it landed on my sandy toes, warm and clear. I smiled to myself as I dug my fingers into the sand, letting it fall through my fingers as I rose my hand up. I dug my toes into the warmth, watching as a seagull landed in the water.

"You always did love the beach."

I heard the voice beside me as I glanced over. Her dark locks blowing in the warm light breeze that blew upon us. She turned her head towards me with a warm smile. I widened my eyes, seeing her blue hues, the same ones as mine, bore into my own.

No.. it couldn't be her.

I stared at her, feeling my emotions crumple inside. My stomach began doing somersaults and my eyes started to tear as she reached her hand out to me, touching my cheek.

"Mom?" I whispered, closing my eyes at her touch.

"It's me, sweetheart."

My eyes fluttered open, like I was dreaming. I had to be. There was no way I could be next to my mother. She was gone.

"H-How?"

Her smile faded, pushing my locks behind my ear. "I should be asking you that, honey."

I shook my head and looked around. The back of us was nothing but palm trees and more sand.

"I don't understand." I said, trailing off.

"Arabella, darling." She turned my face towards hers. "There is still time left."

"Time? Time for what?"

"You're not suppose to be here. Not yet anyway." Her hand was trailing down the side of my face.

"Be where? What is this place?"

She clenched her jaw, giving me a sympathetic look. "Look down."

I knitted my eyebrows, confused but I obeyed her anyway and looked down at myself. I saw the blood oozing though my shirt, the spot growing deeper and deeper.

"Mom?" I let out a cry, grabbing my stomach.

"It's okay, honey. But you need to go know. You need to continue what you're doing and make the world a better place. You'll see me soon. But not to soon."

The world around us flashed white as her words went in and out of my head, voices above me, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. First the beach was there and then a white flash,

her,

"Clear!"

white flash,

her,

white flash,

The sound of beeping woke me up, making my eyes flutter open as I was met with bright lights above me. For a moment I had a case of deja vu from when I was first kidnapped. The more I looked around the room, the more it seemed familiar, but I knew it was an actual hospital. I leaned up slowly looking around me, looking down at myself. I seemed fine. I was alive, right? That was a good sign.

The door swung open quickly and Aiden came in, looking behind him as if he was sneaking in. I was probably in the ICU. Who knows what he told them. He looked towards me, his jaw clenching tightly as he stopped at the end of the bed.