Chapter 6

Considering it was the afternoon, and students were currently attending class, the hallways were rather deserted. Though, this made Rose feel much more comfortable. It was true she was comfortable with the layout of the school, but she knew no one here, aside from Newt. She felt a little better that she was in the same house he was. Hopefully she could make some friends while she was here.

"I'm sure you know your way around the castle?" Pr. Dumbledore asked as he was leading her towards the greenhouses. "Yes. But, I guess for safety measures I should ask someone to show me around," Rose suggested. "That wouldn't be a bad idea at all," Dumbledore smiled before coming up to the greenhouse door, "Wait here a moment."

Rose could hear a lady teaching within the greenhouse and automatically assumed that her head of house was also the teacher for Herbology, much like Pr. Sprout, her previous head of house. "Forgive me, Pr. Diggory, but may I have a word? It's quite urgent," Dumbledore's voice was heard from within greenhouse. "Of course, Pr. Dumbledore. Um, you all know what to do! I'll return in just a moment, no funny business!" A ladies voice replied before following Dumbledore back out to where Rose remained standing.

The lady's appearance surprised Rose for a split second. She looked almost like Cedric, but of course much more feminine. She had medium length chocolate brown hair, hazel eyes, and a porcelain skin like complexion. This must have been Cedric's, father's, great aunt or grandmother. She was very pretty and looked very nice.

"Pr. Diggory, this is Rose Black. She's a student that has transferred here from America and she has been sorted into your house," Dumbledore introduced. "Wow! That's a long way! Well, I'm Pr. Diggory, and I teach Herbology. I'm in the middle of class, but I can get one of the girls to show you to the common room and dorms," Pr. Diggory smiled before walking back to the door, "Delora?" A girl soon came through the door around Rose's age. "Delora, this is Rose. She's a transfer from America and has been sorted into our house. Would you mind showing her the way to the Hufflepuff house?" "Not at all, Pr. Diggory," Delora smiled before taking the lead, "Follow me, Rose."

Rose thanked both professors before following Delora, who was heading straight for the Hufflepuff house. Delora was a tall and thin. She held herself high as she walked with grace. Her pin-straight hair flowed vividly behind her as her dark green eyes looked nowhere else than from her destination. She was rather tanned but still light in skin tone. However, once down a different hallway, and away from the professors, the girl's smile had vanished.

"Delora, right? I afraid I didn't get your last name. I go by-" But Rose was shortly cut off, "Brenborne. I don't much care for yours." Rose was taken aback, "Pardon?" "I don't care. I don't care about you, nor what you plan on doing here," Delora sneered. "Sorry for... trying to make friends?" Rose side smirked and shrugged. Delora snickered, "Friends? That's funny! Just because we're in the same house doesn't make us friends." Rose just rolled her eyes as the girl eventually came up to the house door. She knocked in a certain pattern on the barrel before the secret door opened before turning to Rose with a 'try-and-keep-up' smirk. However, Rose had already memorized the pattern. "Hope you got that. Now, if you excuse me, I need to get back to class," Delora pushed by Rose, bumping her shoulder in the process.

Rose figured that she could make friends with other people. She already considered Newt a friend. He had apparently saved her after all. Shrugging Delora's attitude off, she made her way into the common room, the door closing tightly behind her. It was just like she remembered it. Rounded wooden doors, yellow walls, rounded stone windows, plants that hung from the ceiling, the wooden floors. Yep! It was somewhat home. Luckily for her, no one was there for the moment. Sense she knew where she was going, she went ahead and headed straight for the dorm rooms.